Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I get in touch with someone from TSLA who has actual authority?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, it is a matter of policy. Their policy is the published price is the price. i.e. What is published is what they charge. There is no lower published price to adjust your order to match.
What kind of doublespeak is this?

They can't give a price reduction because it is their policy not to give price reductions?

You can't marry Aladdin, daughter, because the policy of the Sultan says you have to marry a prince. But you're the Sultan...

I just realized you're in Weschester, so I'm assuming your Delivery Center is Mt. Kisco. In my experience, those guys are the worse compared to the neighboring areas. It reflects what you've been saying about not getting responses and people not having a clue. My Model X delivery was there last year and it was like being in a traditional Stealership. Especially when compared to my Model S delivery in Paramus a couple of years ago. Those folks in Paramus are rockstars!

now, I'm getting the LR AWD with the wheels I want, which gets me down to a $53,000 car

I think what everyone is saying is that regardless of whether or not this _should_ be their policy, it's not surprising in the least. Tesla has only been price adjusting for vehicles that are A. undelivered and B. can be configured today at a lower price than when it was originally ordered.

Your plight is upsetting, but not surprising. And, your situation cost $1k, vs. people in worse situations (e.g. those that took delivery of LRAWD the morning of the price reduction), and they're not doing anything for those people either. So in the scheme of things, you're not even at the top of the list of those that could claim negative impact from this price reduction.

And, to be honest, if you weren't willing to pay the $1k extra for the car, it's a very good thing that this event came along and pushed you down to LRAWD. You're saving a lot of money, and it doesn't sound like you valued the performance attributes enough to justify its price.

Edit: the NYS rebate is irrelevant, as you were fine purchasing the car without it, it's not revenue to Tesla, and much of the US carbuying public doesn't have such incentives.

I think what everyone is saying is that regardless of whether or not this _should_ be their policy, it's not surprising in the least. Tesla has only been price adjusting for vehicles that are A. undelivered and B. can be configured today at a lower price than when it was originally ordered.

Your plight is upsetting, but not surprising. And, your situation cost $1k, vs. people in worse situations (e.g. those that took delivery of LRAWD the morning of the price reduction), and they're not doing anything for those people either. So in the scheme of things, you're not even at the top of the list of those that could claim negative impact from this price reduction.

And, to be honest, if you weren't willing to pay the $1k extra for the car, it's a very good thing that this event came along and pushed you down to LRAWD. You're saving a lot of money, and it doesn't sound like you valued the performance attributes enough to justify its price.

Edit: the NYS rebate is irrelevant, as you were fine purchasing the car without it, it's not revenue to Tesla, and much of the US carbuying public doesn't have such incentives.

The cost differential became significantly larger — the equation changed. The NYS rebate is a large part of that differential, so it’s certainly relevant to me.

Does the, “And, to be honest,” paragraph read like you meant it to? It’s kind of douchey. You see that, right?

I'll tell you what I ended up doing when dealing with Comcast (another great customer service company).
Hmmm, I must be a sucker for punishment.... Comcast and Tesla???

After 8 phone calls to support to get service installed at a new place without any luck,
i wrote the president of the company a letter explaining the issue and the 8 phone calls.
Short, sweet, direct and details.
I asked if this was really the type of service that Comcast wished to give new customers.
I sent it in a cardboard USPS Priority Mail envelope (this is actually a key) direct to President's name @ HQ (I think it was Philly).
The day they received it, someone from HQ called to apologize for the issues and that they would fix it.
Later that day I had someone from the regional office call to apologize and said they were scheduling the service install and wanted to know when I wanted it. 2 days later, the tech showed up and within an hour, bing bang boom, I finally had service.
Not saying it will work for you but it is something to try.
May the force be with you.

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
Does the, “And, to be honest,” paragraph read like you meant it to? It’s kind of douchey. You see that, right?

Pot, meet kettle:

or the 25-year old that picks up the phone at my local service center

For reference, much of the software on your new Model Y will have been written by people around that age. In any case, my post wasn't baselessly insulting, unlike yours.

Until you have a car delivered (and even then there appears to be horror stories), there is no customer service. I’ve gone same route as OP. Called Vegas, voice mail is usually full. Calls never returned when I could leave a message. Email Tesla via contact forms. Crickets back. Tweet Elon and Tesla. Nada. Even try to DM Tesla.

Whoever manages the delivery/customer service should be fired. Lack of communication is the only thing that they’re consistent with.

Maybe the customer service team is overwhelmed, but doubtful when registrations in CA were down Q1.

They’ve hired a lot of people who are not held accountable and they don’t care. Stock at 1500 and people lined up to get cars Tesla is the soup Nazi of dealership models.

Tesla doesn’t care about good customer service and I can back that up because I bet not a single person has had a survey post delivery inquiring about the “Tesla Experience”. Lots of people on this forum with similar experiences. You are not alone

• Disagree
Until you have a car delivered (and even then there appears to be horror stories), there is no customer service. I’ve gone same route as OP. Called Vegas, voice mail is usually full. Calls never returned when I could leave a message. Email Tesla via contact forms. Crickets back. Tweet Elon and Tesla. Nada. Even try to DM Tesla.

Whoever manages the delivery/customer service should be fired. Lack of communication is the only thing that they’re consistent with.

Maybe the customer service team is overwhelmed, but doubtful when registrations in CA were down Q1.

They’ve hired a lot of people who are not held accountable and they don’t care. Stock at 1500 and people lined up to get cars Tesla is the soup Nazi of dealership models.

Tesla doesn’t care about good customer service and I can back that up because I bet not a single person has had a survey post delivery inquiring about the “Tesla Experience”. Lots of people on this forum with similar experiences. You are not alone

Lots of wild generalizations and BS there to be honest. The best we can say is that customer service is VARIABLE. I ordered last Saturday and got a call from my deliver advisor on Sunday, followed by a bunch of telephone and text exchanges to get everything moved along. So my experience was EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE but I appreciate that's not the experience for everyone.

I'd say stick to relating your specific experiences, don't try to broaden that into generalizations, it undermines the credibility of everything you say. And on that note maybe we'll just ignore the Nazis comment - seriously?

And on that note maybe we'll just ignore the Nazis comment - seriously?
Nazi here has as much relation to real nazi as 'Grammar Nazi' does - it is related to 'Soup Nazi' - an episode of Seinfeld based on experiences in an actual soup kitchen. The owner made very popular soup but was mean and abusive to the customers, and that's where the term came from.
The Soup Nazi - Wikipedia

Lots of wild generalizations and BS there to be honest. The best we can say is that customer service is VARIABLE. I ordered last Saturday and got a call from my deliver advisor on Sunday, followed by a bunch of telephone and text exchanges to get everything moved along. So my experience was EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE but I appreciate that's not the experience for everyone.

I'd say stick to relating your specific experiences, don't try to broaden that into generalizations, it undermines the credibility of everything you say. And on that note maybe we'll just ignore the Nazis comment - seriously?

Not really, if you actually read the forum you’d find a lot of complaints and not “generalizations and BS” let me help since you obviously don’t know how to search.

Tesla Total Customer Service Experience poll

Or just search “customer service”. Lots and lots of threads about poor service and lots of complaints.

You’re in the minority with regards to “EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE”. Unless you think people not returning calls or emails is “excellent”. Putting it in all caps doesn’t give you more weight. The experience is variable, but far more people think their service is horrific than those like you who had good service.

It’s not generalizations either. It’s fact. Calls and emails not returned. That is my experience not a generalization. Says me and a ton of other people. It’s a running theme

It’s not Nazi either. SOUP Nazi. It was a Seinfeld episode and it’s been the Tesla experience for me and a lot of other people. Chill out and watch the episode before you turn to the PC Police. Sheesh

• Disagree
Point is that this all started when, due to current market conditions, OP was requoted a lower trade in price on his car. Probably due to Covid based changes in the market.
He then began to do all sorts of value recalculations, trying to stack all the possibilities in his economic favor.

When Tesla policy get in his way, he wanted to keep going up the authority until he could find someone that would guarantee that he would get his price lowered to his satisfaction.

All this is totally understandable, from both parties viewpoints.

OP stated his pricing requests were denied. He just wants go find someone in authority that will say yes.

He should be able to go whine and someone should be point for customer escalations. That’s good customer service.

Point is regardless of the reason an end-user may want to pull a Karen, you can’t with Tesla. It’s a black hole of uncertainty.

Saying that the OP’s reason does not validate/warrant the ability to speak to a manager is like saying you can only complain at a restaurant when the food has a human hair in it and not when it was brought out cold.

Nazi here has as much relation to real nazi as 'Grammar Nazi' does - it is related to 'Soup Nazi' - an episode of Seinfeld based on experiences in an actual soup kitchen. The owner made very popular soup but was mean and abusive to the customers, and that's where the term came from.
The Soup Nazi - Wikipedia
Re the Nazi comments: I think popular approval and use of even “comedic” applications of the term Nazi should be left in the past, just as “comedic” blackface is. I work in software and for example, the terms “master” and “slave” and “blacklist” and “whitelist” are being phased out across the industry for similar justified reasons.