TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How do I get my rooftop tent (Tepui) atop a Model X?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by AudubonB, May 13, 2016.

1. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

I've been holding off on confirming my longstanding Model X order for several reasons; I've been trying to whittle down the number of such reasons.

But here's one I need some help on: has anyone insight as to how...whether....a Model X practically can accommodate a rooftop tent? Our Tepui can fit atop quite a number of our vehicles, but it would be terrific if a Model X also could make it happen.

Some kind of horizontal rack-slider so that the tent could be above only one of the FWDs, perhaps? But that in itself is asking an awful lot of a normally simple, and stupid, roof rack...

Any help?

2. grommet

grommet Member

You are likely on your own. Feel free to experiment with suction cup based mounts, but the Model X really isn't designed for this type of utility.

3. swesson

swesson Member

Cool concept! I don't know why it wouldn't work, but you would lose side access to both fwd's while the tent was installed.