Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I get the web browser to recognise I'm in the UK? Want to watch BBC iPlayer!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With EU portability shouldn’t we still get the UK Netflix despite seeing a NL IP? The account would be UK based
Netflix have different content deals in different countries, not just an EU wide deal, and the content you have access to is based on the geo-location of your IP address, not the address of the account holder - that is why many people in the UK use VPNs to access the US content.

Netflix have different content deals in different countries, not just an EU wide deal, and the content you have access to is based on the geo-location of your IP address, not the address of the account holder - that is why many people in the UK use VPNs to access the US content.

Right but the point of EU portability is the ability to move around Europe and the content follows you. So even if content is different, you shoudl be served the content from your country of origin (where the credit card/account is registered)

I suspect that’s it’s all about numbers. Now that Tesla’s are pouring into the UK we ought to be able to expect better localisation of support. This should of course stretch across all aspects such as spares, service and not just connectivity.

Right but the point of EU portability is the ability to move around Europe and the content follows you. So even if content is different, you shoudl be served the content from your country of origin (where the credit card/account is registered)
Yes, and I'm not sure how Netflix deals with this, but it no longer applies to the UK.