Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I get to the I. Centre from Pearson A/p.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be flying in to Terminal 1 tomorrow morning to take delivery of my daughter's M3. Walking is not an issue (hip problem), and I hate to hail a cab for such a short distance. Any other alternatives. Thanks.

When I checked, Uber has a $40 flat starting fee no matter where you're going to from the airport. Regular taxi or bus would be your best bet.

GTAA forced Uber to pay them off to be allowed to pick ppl up from the airport. Apparently there's a hotel that's close, but not considered part of the airport (not the Sheraton), that you can take the airport train to & get a fair rate.

I have your answer. Read below.
Uber is not an option, I waited about 30 minutes (arrived at 3:05 for 3:45 appointment) to book an Uber X, no luck. The cheapest available Uber option was $40.00. I had no time to investigate to know how to get the train, how to pay , where to get off. so I did not bother with it either.Then I realized around Gate C, Terminal 1 on lower level there was a line up of people getting cabs one by one. I joined, very quickly I got one. The driver said its going to be a $20.00 flat fee. I agreed. Its considered a short distance for the drivers, so they don't bother to turn on the meter for you. I am guessing could it be $13-$15 dollars using the meter.

• Helpful
Reactions: McCaesar
I will be flying in to Terminal 1 tomorrow morning to take delivery of my daughter's M3. Walking is not an issue (hip problem), and I hate to hail a cab for such a short distance. Any other alternatives. Thanks.

Who told you it was a short distance? Bird path is at least 3km and road path is about double (b/c of loop ramp). It is an airport, not a bus stop. Even if you see the airport from the int centre, it doesn't mean that walking from your terminal to the int centre is close.

I took delivery yesterday of my Model 3. I simply walked there from Pearson. It only took about 15 minutes along Airport Rd. The key is figuring out which terminal and which floor of the airport to get out on in order to be at street level; It's the bottom floor of terminal 3. I asked airport staff and they were very helpful. I simply had to take the free monorail from terminal 1 to terminal 3.

Who told you it was a short distance? Bird path is at least 3km and road path is about double (b/c of loop ramp). It is an airport, not a bus stop. Even if you see the airport from the int centre, it doesn't mean that walking from your terminal to the int centre is close.
I guess distances are relative. I walk that far before breakfast nearly every day. That would be one of my short walks.

Reactions: Rlhm3
I guess distances are relative. I walk that far before breakfast nearly every day. That would be one of my short walks.
As a guy looking out his office window at Terminal 3 right now, trust me, its not that bad. You can monorail to Alt hotel as others have said, and walk or Uber from there. You can walk out of the north end of Terminal 3 pretty much right on to Airport Rd (from the lower level). Is it a long walk up to the International Centre? Maybe 20 to 30 minutes depending on how fast you go. I quite often walk up to the Tim Hortons just south of it so its not like its an extreme hike...

It's funny that people buying 80K car but looking to save 20 bucks. Share your happiness with others. 5-10 dollars saving in this one shot deal is not going to make you rich. Walking and then monorail and then Uber, all of that for saving 5 dollars MAYBE!!!

Reactions: sakimano
It's funny that people buying 80K car but looking to save 20 bucks. Share your happiness with others. 5-10 dollars saving in this one shot deal is not going to make you rich. Walking and then monorail and then Uber, all of that for saving 5 dollars MAYBE!!!

For me, it wasn't about saving a few bucks on cab fare but it's always nice to save if you can.

I was super early and the weather was nice outside plus a bit of exercise does the body good.

Why do people keep saying that? What specifically about spending $80K makes people think we want to, or should, spend more?

In this particular case, both the cab drivers and the uber drivers really don't want to take you from the airport for this short distance. It costs them too much time. So you're making their day worse and its costing a lot of money for no gain for you. Anyway, all we're doing is providing information and options to those coming in to pick up their cars.

Reactions: Rlhm3
Why do people keep saying that? What specifically about spending $80K makes people think we want to, or should, spend more?

In this particular case, both the cab drivers and the uber drivers really don't want to take you from the airport for this short distance. It costs them too much time. So you're making their day worse and its costing a lot of money for no gain for you. Anyway, all we're doing is providing information and options to those coming in to pick up their cars.

Yes, totally agree.