TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How do I get to the I. Centre from Pearson A/p.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by yul sam, Jun 7, 2018.

1. yul sam

yul sam Member

I will be flying in to Terminal 1 tomorrow morning to take delivery of my daughter's M3. Walking is not an issue (hip problem), and I hate to hail a cab for such a short distance. Any other alternatives. Thanks.

2. Buggle

Buggle Member

well... there's cabs, and then there's buses. Teleportation is not yet an option.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. McCaesar

McCaesar Member

It's a convoluted mess of ramps and streets around there and not a pedestrian friendly area. Your best bet is to take a cab or Uber, but there are bus options shown on Google Maps.

4. MagicDog

MagicDog Member

I'm not even sure how you can walk out of Pearson. Personally, I'd just take Uber.

You might be able to take the monorail to their discount parking lot and walk from there (not sure)

• Helpful x 1
  5. AaronYOW

AaronYOW Member

When I checked, Uber has a $40 flat starting fee no matter where you're going to from the airport. Regular taxi or bus would be your best bet.

6. Buggle

Buggle Member

GTAA forced Uber to pay them off to be allowed to pick ppl up from the airport. Apparently there's a hotel that's close, but not considered part of the airport (not the Sheraton), that you can take the airport train to & get a fair rate.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. oakvillemike

oakvillemike Member

Take the free monorail to the long term parking lot and uber from there. This is where the Alt hotel is and you can easily set up a pickup point there for Uber.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  8. VistaM3B

VistaM3B Member

I have your answer. Read below.
    Uber is not an option, I waited about 30 minutes (arrived at 3:05 for 3:45 appointment) to book an Uber X, no luck. The cheapest available Uber option was $40.00. I had no time to investigate to know how to get the train, how to pay , where to get off. so I did not bother with it either.Then I realized around Gate C, Terminal 1 on lower level there was a line up of people getting cabs one by one. I joined, very quickly I got one. The driver said its going to be a $20.00 flat fee. I agreed. Its considered a short distance for the drivers, so they don't bother to turn on the meter for you. I am guessing could it be $13-$15 dollars using the meter.

• Helpful x 1
  9. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2018.32.4

I bet Tesla could send someone over to pick you up if you asked the right person. The problem might be in finding the right person to ask.

10. BurlMdl3

BurlMdl3 Member

Free shuttle to four points hotel and $10.00 Uber from there. Did it June 1st when I picked up my car after flying into Pearson.

• Informative x 2
  11. Bluewish

Bluewish Member

Who told you it was a short distance? Bird path is at least 3km and road path is about double (b/c of loop ramp). It is an airport, not a bus stop. Even if you see the airport from the int centre, it doesn't mean that walking from your terminal to the int centre is close.

12. Rlhm3

Rlhm3 Member

I took delivery yesterday of my Model 3. I simply walked there from Pearson. It only took about 15 minutes along Airport Rd. The key is figuring out which terminal and which floor of the airport to get out on in order to be at street level; It's the bottom floor of terminal 3. I asked airport staff and they were very helpful. I simply had to take the free monorail from terminal 1 to terminal 3.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  13. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

There is a thread saying that you can take a monotrain to a hotel location. And Uber from there

14. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2018.32.4

I guess distances are relative. I walk that far before breakfast nearly every day. That would be one of my short walks.

• Like x 1
  15. marklogan

marklogan Member

As a guy looking out his office window at Terminal 3 right now, trust me, its not that bad. You can monorail to Alt hotel as others have said, and walk or Uber from there. You can walk out of the north end of Terminal 3 pretty much right on to Airport Rd (from the lower level). Is it a long walk up to the International Centre? Maybe 20 to 30 minutes depending on how fast you go. I quite often walk up to the Tim Hortons just south of it so its not like its an extreme hike...

• Informative x 2
  16. VistaM3B

VistaM3B Member

It's funny that people buying 80K car but looking to save 20 bucks. Share your happiness with others. 5-10 dollars saving in this one shot deal is not going to make you rich. Walking and then monorail and then Uber, all of that for saving 5 dollars MAYBE!!!

• Like x 1
  17. Rlhm3

Rlhm3 Member

For me, it wasn't about saving a few bucks on cab fare but it's always nice to save if you can.

I was super early and the weather was nice outside plus a bit of exercise does the body good.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  18. marklogan

marklogan Member

Why do people keep saying that? What specifically about spending $80K makes people think we want to, or should, spend more?

In this particular case, both the cab drivers and the uber drivers really don't want to take you from the airport for this short distance. It costs them too much time. So you're making their day worse and its costing a lot of money for no gain for you. Anyway, all we're doing is providing information and options to those coming in to pick up their cars.

• Like x 1
  19. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

Yes, totally agree.

20. sakimano

sakimano Active Member

...and after taking a jet plane to get there :)