Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I keep ac running when outside car?

SlicedBr3ad

Feb 25, 2017
Fl
Florida is hot. On rare occasions when I cannot find shade and absolutely need to keep car temperature cool, ill continue to run the engine in my ICE and have AC set to 68. I can then exit the car and use the fob to lock the doors. AC will keep running and inside, the car will maintain set temperature. How do I do this in model 3? Is it basically leaving the car, opening app on phone and setting AC to turn on? Still couple weeks away from delivery to learn this myself :(

Quibbs

Jan 13, 2013
Southeast US
I do not have a Model 3, but I do have a Model S. I'm going to assume Tesla uses the same phone app for both cars, if so, you just open the app, turn the AC on and set the desired temp.

• Helpful
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC