TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

How do I keep doors from auto locking?????

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by sorka, Apr 4, 2017.

1. sorka

sorka Active Member

Prior to this last software update, if I unlocked the car with the app or unlocked it from a distance with the fob in the kitchen, the car stayed unlocked. After this last update, the doors auto lock. The only time I expect it to auto lock is when I walk away from the car with the fob like it always did before. Now it's always auto locking which is pain in the but when I have it parked at home for 3 days at a time and now I need to grab the key or use the app EVERY time I want to get in to get something.

I'll bet if I turn off "walk away auto locking" that it won't do this but then it won't auto lock any more when I walk away with the fob. This is driving me nuts.

2. Beryl

Beryl Member

3. Tam

Tam Active Member

I used to be able to leave my fob in the car and the car wouldn't lock. And if it did lock the 4 doors, I could just still opened up the trunk.

Not any more!

Pretty soon, there will be millions of model 3 on the road and easy-to-open doors for thieves will be magnified by numbers.

Thus, I guess Tesla has started implement stricter security measures.

4. Beryl

Beryl Member

I hope everyone is reporting this to Tesla as well as posting here.

5. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Nope, not the first time we've heard "I used to be able to leave my fob in the car..." Yep, most of the times it on the 10 o'clock news in a story about their car has been stolen and we don't understand how the thieves got in and took it.

We don't want our Tesla to stay unlocked. We want them secured so someone can't steal the stuff left in side.