TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How do i keep the stereo on if I get in the back seat while supercharging?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by ybbor, Sep 11, 2019 at 7:34 PM.

1. ybbor

ybbor Member

I was at the super charger a few days ago. I wanted to read a book in the back seat since the sun was beating on the front. So i got out of the driver seat, closed the driver door, opened the rear door and got in. stereo and AC did not turn on. I could see the super charging info on the screen, but when i leaned forward from the back seat to tap the screen there was no change; I could not hide the super charging screen and no music or AC turned on. I was able to start the AC with my phone, but could not get music to play until I got out and back in to the front seat.

is there some trick to get the screen back to full control when both front seats are empty? Hoping it's something obvious i'm missing.

2. Plug-n-Play

Plug-n-Play Member

From the App under controls, try starting the car?

3. luke68bird

luke68bird Member

You need to crack door open to make it stay on. Still waiting on that camper mode to make things work.

4. afadeev

afadeev Member

It's not the empty front seats, but opening/closing the front door that trips up "car is empty" mode.
    Do what my kids do, and climb through and over the arm rest to go between front<->back seats ! :D

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. ybbor

ybbor Member

Starting the car from the phone is an interesting idea. I'll have to try that. Hopefully they can add a camper mode with V10

6. jedi2b

jedi2b Member

as a bonus to starting the car with the app, you can also control media playback from the app (play, pause, FF, etc)

but yeah, we want camper mode.

• Like x 1
  7. leeeeee

leeeeee Member

Turn on Romance Mode. It'll get the idea.

• Funny x 4
  8. trm2

trm2 Member

I was going to say make sure you are playing some Barry White!

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  9. Oldschool496

Oldschool496 Member

So many modes, its so confusing.

10. dendenyc

dendenyc Member

don't you just tap the screen after it goes off? I leave my wife in the car all the time :)

• Like x 1
  11. trm2

trm2 Member

At least nobody suggested doggy mode:eek:

• Funny x 2