Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I know if my older 75 X has the performance boost upgrade?

njhtran

Jun 11, 2020
Temecula
I found this article describes a free upgrade for 0-60 performance but “this upgrade is not available OTA, but rather only by your local Tesla Service depot”. So how do I know if it needs it from a technical perspective not looking at a stopwatch while I tear up the roads testing for it?

Bigriver

Mar 2, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA
When I go to my account online for my 2017 100D, “non-performance uncorked acceleration” is listed among the Car Details. I do not know when this was done to my car.
F85E75C0-387F-4F56-AE11-E7D1628AC224.jpeg

njhtran

Jun 11, 2020
Temecula
I checked my car details and it doesn't have the Uncorked Acceleration. I setup an appointment with SC and they said to call tech support. I called and they said they'd push the change OTA and afaictl I dont see any change.

Krash

Data Technician
Apr 18, 2017
Intermountain US
What was your state of charge? If close to 90% that time is slow. I can’t convert gforce to torque off the cuff, I’d have to lookup the formula.

Can they do remote uncorking now?

njhtran

Jun 11, 2020
Temecula
What was your state of charge? If close to 90% that time is slow. I can’t convert gforce to torque off the cuff, I’d have to lookup the formula.

Can they do remote uncorking now?
Battery was at 60%. When I asked the tech support and the sc they claim it can be done remotely. However I remain skeptical.

njhtran

Jun 11, 2020
Temecula
Forgive the ignorant question, but I have never seen that screen before. So I may as well ask here instead of trying to Google it, how do you get that info?

i used an iOS app called Teslemetry. It’s pretty neat it uses your built in web browser on the vehicle to display the info.

In regards to my problem , it looks like they (to nobody’s surprise) were misinformed and this uncorked performance enhancement cannot be done OTA. I have an SC appointment next week to get it done.

• Informative
Reactions: Harvey Danger

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC