Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I know if my wall charger is Gen 2 or Gen 3? WI-FI question.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my wall charger today from Tesla.com, but don't want to open it till the electrician come to install it next week. How can I tell if my wall charger is Gen 2 or Gen 3? Its a 24' cable and I read in some places that 24' is only on Gen 2, but other places it says that Gen 3 also has 24". Also, do I HAVE to use the WI-FI? I have dead spots in certain outside areas around my house, and don't want to have to depend on a WI-FI connection to charger the car. If it a requirement that I have to have it connected to the WI-FI, I will probably return it.

Thank you

ps. mine is gen 3 and has 24' cable. I purchased mine 2 months ago from tesla.com

you will want to make sure your garage/parking spot has wifi. this is how you get updates on your tesla car.
Thank you. Looks like we have the same configuration for the model Y. Mine is MYP with red/white, just took delivery on Tuesday. It connects fine to my home WI-FI, but sometimes my WI-FI acts up, and I have to reboot the router. Just didn't want to have WI-FI be a requirement.

Reactions: Cyberspeed