Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I know when I receive FSD beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello to all.
I opted in for "FSD beta".
I have driven several hundred miles over the last two weeks and have a high safety score.
How will I know when I accepted? Some kind of notification on the car screen? Email? Something in my app? Do I need to check on it regularly or will I have an active notification of some kind?
Appreciated.

Hello to all.
I opted in for "FSD beta".
I have driven several hundred miles over the last two weeks and have a high safety score.
How will I know when I accepted? Some kind of notification on the car screen? Email? Something in my app? Do I need to check on it regularly or will I have an active notification of some kind?
Appreciated.
You will be offered a software update to 2022.20.17 (at least). It appears the newer versions of FSD Beta are all in 2022.20. I was just notified of 2022.20.17 for my Model 3. Installing now, but I would guess it is FSD 10.69.2.2. Unfortunately that is my wife's car, and she doesn't use autopilot much. I'll drive it to check it out, but I don't like driving the 3, because it has this stupid round steering wheel. Really annoying!

For my X, I have been waiting for three months (since delivery on June 20). I was running with a 100 Safety Score for weeks, now at 99. I suspect I am in queue for it, because I have bumped a notch or two in 2022.20.9, staying in the 2022.20 thread. Non FSD Beta folks seem to be pulling down 2022.24.x versions these days. FSD Beta folks are held back several mainline releases to avoid any other complications. I am ready though. I had it on my 2018 (traded-in) for nearly a year, and I miss it.

Once you have the Beta, you will no longer have the safety score in your app. To use it you have to accept a slew of terms and conditions, and activate it in the autopilot menu. It will be very obvious when you get it, it is huge change in how the vehicle behaves and the Instrument cluster display is completely different, full of yellow and red lines, and a huge increase in the vehicles it displays to the driver.

Model 3 just finished, yep FSD Beta 10.69.2.2. Guess I am going for a drive in the morning.

Man, I opted in and after one day of normal to me driving, I have a safety score of 82! This might not be for me.
Yep. Most folks have to significantly change their driving style to qualify. Basically if you ever have to touch the brake pedal, you are to get hard stop errors. So get used to all one pedal driving. Cornering must be much slower, and don’t stop for close yellow lights. Other than that, pretty much all normal. Ha!

You can start over though, simply cancel the request for a short time, like overnight. Then request it again and drive like your grandmother.

How do you know if you have FSD??? The car smacks you on the side of the head if you even look away from the windshield for a second!! Then, the bottom half of the steering wheel vibrates (they removed the top half, so don't try to hold on to that...)

Finally, your wife will get to see your s--tty driving safety score and she will take your car keys away!!

Don't worry about FSD, it's like a Phoenix University degree - you pay for it, but don't get anything out of it....

• Funny
Reactions: Charliek
You will be offered a software update to 2022.20.17 (at least). It appears the newer versions of FSD Beta are all in 2022.20. I was just notified of 2022.20.17 for my Model 3. Installing now, but I would guess it is FSD 10.69.2.2. Unfortunately that is my wife's car, and she doesn't use autopilot much. I'll drive it to check it out, but I don't like driving the 3, because it has this stupid round steering wheel. Really annoying!

For my X, I have been waiting for three months (since delivery on June 20). I was running with a 100 Safety Score for weeks, now at 99. I suspect I am in queue for it, because I have bumped a notch or two in 2022.20.9, staying in the 2022.20 thread. Non FSD Beta folks seem to be pulling down 2022.24.x versions these days. FSD Beta folks are held back several mainline releases to avoid any other complications. I am ready though. I had it on my 2018 (traded-in) for nearly a year, and I miss it.

Once you have the Beta, you will no longer have the safety score in your app. To use it you have to accept a slew of terms and conditions, and activate it in the autopilot menu. It will be very obvious when you get it, it is huge change in how the vehicle behaves and the Instrument cluster display is completely different, full of yellow and red lines, and a huge increase in the vehicles it displays to the driver.

Model 3 just finished, yep FSD Beta 10.69.2.2. Guess I am going for a drive in the morning.
Finally! I got FSD Beta on my X (2022.20.17, Beta 10.69.2.2). Three months to the day, after receiving my new car and requesting it. My Safety Score was 100 for most of those three months, but dropped to 99 a couple of days ago, after a dipstick pulled around me and moved in front, then slowed. I had to touch the brake. Oh well, I don't have to mess around with that anymore!

Seems to me that most of the model X vehicles that have FSD are the newer 2021 and 2022 model Xs. Is this the case? Would that suggest that the computer needs to be CU 3 rather then 2 or lesser? My software has updated often and I am at 2022.28.2 so I am past the update with FSD.

Seems to me that most of the model X vehicles that have FSD are the newer 2021 and 2022 model Xs. Is this the case?
No, I also have it on my 2019 Model 3. Back when I bought the Model 3, FSD was only $3,000. Also had it on my 2018 Model X, but I no longer have that car.
Would that suggest that the computer needs to be CU 3 rather then 2 or lesser? My software has updated often and I am at 2022.28.2 so I am past the update with FSD.
Back in 2018, the HW3 Autopilot computer was included in the price, but it did not yet exist. Roughly a year later it was released, and installed for no extra charge.

Hi @drmanny3 ,

I have a 2018 Model X with MCU2, Hardware 3, and FSD Beta.
After the safety score rolled out, I received the Beta in October 2021.

I like it and use it. (Most of the time.)
So it is not just 2021 and 2022 vehicles.

As you say with your software at 2022.28.xx, I think you will have to wait
until the FSD release is higher than your 2022.28.xx.
We have rarely seen anyone upgraded to older software.

Good luck,

Shawn

the safety score game will definitely change your driving habits especially coming onto traffic form on ramps adn car spacing and how fast you take a off ramp. you'll find you can do a few things to game it ( look in the threads for how folks got to 99 and 100) glad they are opening it up to more people.. is is definitely still a work in progress, but it is MUCH better and I down right like FSDb 10.69.2.2 . I just realized I am not really driving the car any more ( but I am still going places :) I used to adjust the speed a bit to go more with the flow of traffic now I just let it decide. the trick there seems to be to adjust your percentage over the speed limit to most of the road you plan on traveling and then it gets it right to make it look like you are traveling with the other cars. Just be aware of those times on side streets where you want to be LOWER than the speed limit it almost does that right but not always