TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How do I pay?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by FinallyGotMyM3, Jul 9, 2018.

1. FinallyGotMyM3

Hi everyone,

Newbie question here! I have been given a VIN # and a delivery date (this sunday) for my M3 and they've asked me to submit payment through my tesla.com account. However when I log in I can't find:

- The final tally of the costs. All I can see is the general pricing which doesn't include taxes or the subtraction of my trade-in
    - Any way to initiate a wire transfer

I responded back to the sales adviser who let me know the deliver is all scheduled but I haven't heard back. I've been on hold for about an hour now trying to talk to someone live...

My guess is there is still more to have happen on Tesla's end and they just haven't finished up the paperwork even though they told me to log in and pay now? I'm leaving the country today so I wanted to get the wire transfer all setup before I left.

Super excited for next sunday!

2. albtrssp

albtrssp Member

About two days before they send you the final totals. I found the easiest thing to do was to bring a casher's check from my bank. I think wire transfers take a while to happen.

3. gambit48

gambit48 Member

They take a personal check too for some reason.

4. shrspeedblade

shrspeedblade Member

It was about 48 hours for me as well. Did the electronic transfer then so I didn't have to worry about getting a check from the bank on a weekend.

5. RayK

RayK Member

Wire transfers are almost instantaneous. They may take a day or two to appear on your online bank account but, trust me, Tesla gets the money fast.

I thought about using a cashiers check last week when I picked up my car but reading the "fine print" of the purchase agreement says that it's not guaranteed to be the final price. My own price changed by about $100 as my ISA arranged to transfer my existing personalized plate to the 3.

Wire transfer is done at the delivery center. They had me type in my bank's routing code and account number on a tablet. Easy peasy.

• Like x 1
  6. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

Pay for it by credit card to get lots of points :)

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  7. FinallyGotMyM3

Thanks everyone. I finally got through to Tesla on the phone and they said it will be a few days before the final paperwork is done for me to pay online and that I should just check back in a few days.

8. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

Wire transfers happen in seconds, it may take a few days to appear in your account though

9. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

Tesla doesn't allow credit card payments other than the $1000 reservation and $2500 order fee. I don't blame them, I wouldn't want to lose ~3% on the full purchase price of the car.

• Like x 1
  10. sooner

sooner Member

Loan information available at delivery then? For those financing through Tesla.

11. 0ptions

0ptions Member

Tesla will provide you with a Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement. It sounds like you got a preliminary one. The MVPA will have all of the breakdowns of costs and the total you will need to pay/finance.
    I got a "Ready Loan Check" from my credit union that was basically a blank check but with a maximum value. I ended up financing $35k of my car and payed the difference after my trade-in value via checking account (ACH) on the Tesla website.
    Hope this helps as I was also kind of clueless until the days before.