TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How do I reboot?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by astrotoy, Mar 26, 2013.

1. astrotoy

astrotoy Member

My screen went a little crazy this afternoon, quickly moving between topics - web, navigation, media, phone directory, etc. It stopped after I turned off the car and turned it back on. However, the rear camera won't appear at the top, only the bottom and the phone directory comes on spontaneously. How do I reboot?

Thanks.

2. JerryNycom

JerryNycom Member

Press and hold both scroll wheels together will reboot the 17" center screen
    Press and hold the two top buttons above the scroll wheels to reboot the dash screen
    Press and hold right scroll wheel allows to scroll through a menu of options to show on the right of the speedometer
    Press and hold left scroll wheel allows to scroll through a menu of options to show on the left of the speedometer

Press and hold menu button to take screen shot (haven't heard of anyone figuring out how to access them though)
    Press and hold Tesla logo to access Hyperloop plans

3. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

You reboot the big 17" screen by holding in the 2 center scroll wheels (until it reboots)
    the small screen directly in front of you is rebooted by holding down the top left & right buttons at the same time (until it reboots)

4. astrotoy

astrotoy Member

Thanks, fellows. Rebooted and everything is working fine.