Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I shutdown my car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its been a while I have done the complete shutdown, But I don't recollect the behavior I am seeing.
1. Can I remotely connect to the car when its shutdown?
2. If you were to use a 3rd party such as Teslaspy or TeslaFi, will you be able to confirm the status of the car?
3. what else could prevent the car from shutting down completely.

Yeah, tried the manual power off, no luck. Called Service, they think its my 12v battery. Its schedule to be replaced tomorrow. Lets see..

You want to shut the car down and it's no luck so now you want to switch to a new 12V battery and hope it will shut down?

1. Can I remotely connect to the car when its shutdown?
Yes. When your car is shut down, you can remotely reconnect and wake it up.

2. If you were to use a 3rd party such as Teslaspy or TeslaFi, will you be able to confirm the status of the car?
Yes.
3. what else could prevent the car from shutting down completely.
As long as there's electricity from your 12V, your car is not completely shut down.

When you shut it down, it still waits for your wake-up command. It still waits for its turn for a firmware update...

If you really want to shut it down completely, disconnect the 12V battery from the system.

Upvote 0
BTW, with that manual Shutdown command, you will wait it back up when you open the car door to get out. You need to do two things first. 1. Roll the left front window down. 2. Get out and close the door. Then reach in and press the Shutdown. And leave it alone, else you wake it.

Upvote 0