Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I tell whether I have premium connectivity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took deliver of a used late 2018 Model S this past weekend. I can stream music while driving around, which I understand to be a premium connectivity feature. But when I login to my Tesla account and view the details for the vehicle, there is no mention of connectivity, standard or premium. I’ve seen screenshots from others that show a connectivity section listed in between the Warranty and Deliver Documents sections. I don’t have any such section on my account/vehicle page.

Is this par for the course after a taking delivery? It won’t show up for a while? Some sort of grace period? I’m not complaining, it seems like the car has premium connectivity and I have no indication I’m paying for it. Just wondering if this is normal or if it’s something that slipped through the cracks.

• Funny
Reactions: KerryOH
Did you buy privately or from Tesla?

If it was a private sale and originally ordered before July 2018 it will be free. It was after this or bought from Tesla you will be on a free trial or Tesla haven't yet disabled it.

Bought from Tesla. As they state, there’s a 30 day trial, but usually, that’s the sort of thing you opt in to in order to start the 30 days, as opposed to it arbitrarily starting from some date that was unknown to me (and hence ending at some inopportune unknown date). Guess I’ll find out I. About 3 weeks...

Bringing this full circle, I got an email from Tesla yesterday telling me the premium connectivity free trial ends in 7 days. Still don’t have any connectivity options showing up under my account on Tesla.com. Still hoping they mess up and leave it enabled indefinitely, guess I’ll find out in 6 days.

And bringing it actually full circle, the car still has streaming audio and satellite maps and all that. Seems like it fell through their system. I suppose I’ll have free premium connectivity until whenever they do another audit like the one that resulted in them pulling FSD from that one unlucky used car buyer a few months back.

• Helpful
Reactions: GeoX750