Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do i Unlink driver profile from my phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No.

On the keys screen, tap the 👤 associated with that device and it will unlink the driver profile.

Of course, if you mean you hate how the seat moves once you’re in the car, perhaps your problem is with having Easy Entry enabled for your driver profile. If that’s the issue, go into your driver profile settings and disable Easy Entry. That way, as you approach the car and open it with your linked phone key, the seat will adjust to your desired driving position but won’t assume a temporary setting to help you get in (or out).

I hate how the seat automatically moves when i get in the car.
Do i have to remove the phone and set it up again as a new key?

if you are the only driver, it should not be moving every time (because the settings will be in the same place). If it is, and you are the only driver, then its likely the "easy access" setting is turned on for your driver profile. You could turn that off, and it wont move every time you get in the car, only when the seat is in a different position than yours.

Reactions: afadeev
Easy access is turned off and i could not toggle it.

This is why i hate it.
I get to work and touch the profile named “lunch”. The seat moves back and the steering wheel goes forward. This is the profile setting i made for relaxing in the car while i eat my lunch at work. But i also use this profile to watch youtube before i go inside the work in the morning because i always arrive early and have some time to play before work.
Then when it is time, i leave the car and go to work.
At lunch time i get back to the car and the seat goes back to my driving position. I have to return the setting back to “lunch” while i mumble frustration at the car. Lol.
I recently linked the profile because the notification kept popping up asking ‘Do you want to link the phone to the profile?’
I got tired of selecting no everyday and finally conceded without knowing this would happen. So very annoying.

Easy access is turned off and i could not toggle it.

This is why i hate it.
I get to work and touch the profile named “lunch”. The seat moves back and the steering wheel goes forward. This is the profile setting i made for relaxing in the car while i eat my lunch at work. But i also use this profile to watch youtube before i go inside the work in the morning because i always arrive early and have some time to play before work.
Then when it is time, i leave the car and go to work.
At lunch time i get back to the car and the seat goes back to my driving position. I have to return the setting back to “lunch” while i mumble frustration at the car. Lol.
I recently linked the profile because the notification kept popping up asking ‘Do you want to link the phone to the profile?’
I got tired of selecting no everyday and finally conceded without knowing this would happen. So very annoying.

it doesnt matter what you called it, you basically have 2 drivers using the car every day. "lunch" is your second driver. You could try not linking your profile to any key (either profile) and checking to make sure easy access is off on all your profiles. I havent done that but you can try that (and deal with any notifications it has suggesting to link the keys).

It seems like you know how to do this but are hoping for a specific workaround for your edge case. Here’s my three suggestions:

1) unlink your profile from the phone key (it was only popping up the hint because you hadn’t done it yet and, like Clippy, it just wanted to help) or

2) unlink your profile before heading into the office so, when you come back for lunch, it won’t revert then you can re-link as you head back in so, when you come out at the end of the day, your seat will be ready for driving (of course, just doing that would require you to choose your driving profile so not much point) or

3) link your lunch profile to the keycard in your wallet and tap the keycard on the b pillar before getting in for lunch (of course, you’ll have to lock it with the keycard or manually through the app when you leave since keycard profiles don’t use walk away lock).

When I use my camping profile, I remove my driving profile link (if I remember) for the duration of the stay. It might be nice if Tesla gave us an exclude location option like they do for sentry or a time of day at a location option like they do for charging but, ultimately, when you want to do something outside of their worldview, you have to figure out your own workaround.

i removed the main profile and added it back and it is asking if i want to link my phone to profile.

I will select “cancel” each time it asks.

Thank you all!

Okay. Didn’t expect you to delete the profile. Guess the Clippy help starts over if you delete a profile that used to be linked to the key. Try linking it to your key then removing the link (not the profile).

I'm having the same issue. I'm camping in my car on a road trip and have a wooden bed platform that folds out. So if I approach the car when it's in "bed mode" the seat will push back into the wood. Not good.
So I've resorted to making my profiles seat position that of the sleeping position to avoid damage.
But now I have to manually adjust the seat whenever I drive. Never to the same preferred position without a lot of fiddling.
Can I ask, how to unlink profile from a key?
Thanks!

I'm having the same issue. I'm camping in my car on a road trip and have a wooden bed platform that folds out. So if I approach the car when it's in "bed mode" the seat will push back into the wood. Not good.
So I've resorted to making my profiles seat position that of the sleeping position to avoid damage.
But now I have to manually adjust the seat whenever I drive. Never to the same preferred position without a lot of fiddling.
Can I ask, how to unlink profile from a key?
Thanks!

First, I’d suggest creating a new profile for camping where you have the seat set forward. You can switch to that one after you get out and the seat will adjust while you’re prepping the platform.

As for unlinking profiles, the user manual describes it pretty well but, if I recall correctly, tap on the image of a person on the right side of any key in the lock section to manage profile links. I think you can only manage key links for a profile while in that profile but it’s fairly straight forward.

Reactions: jason3w