TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How do I unsubscribe forums?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by tonybelding, Jan 21, 2008.

1. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

Way back before we changed forums I subscribed to some of them. I'm still getting a notification message every time somebody posts in those forums, and I can't figure out how to turn it off.

I've tried to "subscribe" with no emails, and then I've tried to unsubscribe. Nothing seems to work.

2. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

I'm having the opposite problem. I never get any email notices to my subscribed threads. Something is broken.

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Did you try the ">> USER CP" buton above, then the "List Subscriptions" link then "Edit Subscriptions" and look at the checkboxes on the topics?

4. mt2

mt2 Member

I'm having exactly the same problem on another vBulletin forum. It's clearly a problem with vBulletin, but I haven't researched it enough to know why.

5. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

I did, and they all say "Instant Notification" but none of the boxes are checked and when I check them they don't stay checked. Every time I go back to List Subscriptions the boxes are still unchecked.

6. Tin-Chicken

Tin-Chicken Member

Do you have JavaScript turned on?

TC.

7. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

Yes I do.....

8. Tin-Chicken

Tin-Chicken Member

That's not it then :wink:

TC.

9. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Hey JRP3, I saw the Wovel on TV (Discovery, Fine or HGTV) and think it's pretty cool. Npt much use for one me here in LA but I was wondering if inventing something like that makes a person rich?

Yes, "rich" is a realtive term so given this forum would you/ could yoiu buy a Tesla now or in the future?

vfx
    (A guy with plenty of ideas but not enoigh nerve to pull the trigger...)

10. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

Actually that's my cousin's invention, I just help spread the word a little bit. He pretty much did it all himself, invent, prototype, patent, manufacture, promote, etc. He was pretty well off before the wovel so I can't say it's making him rich. He's hoping to get into a volume deal with a Home Depot or Lowes I think which could bring in real money. He said he got tired of seeing thing's he thought of brought to market by someone else. As an "idea" guy myself I can relate.

11. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

And no, I could not buy a Tesla. Actually, I guess I could but it would be really irresponsible if I did and I might end up living in it if things didn't go well :biggrin:

12. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Nice of you to avatar for your cousin. I hope he gets the HD and Lowes accounts so he can buy us all Teslas! :biggrin: