TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How do I upgrade my slacker account?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by rhaekar, Mar 29, 2018.

1. rhaekar

rhaekar Member

The model s and x guys said to email Tesla about their slacker account to upgrade it but when I emailed Tesla, they said they aren't providing slacker information for the model 3 at this time.

Anyone able to upgrade their account?

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I just got my own personal account, upgraded it and it works great logged in on my car. Are you trying to upgrade the supplied account from Tesla? Not sure that’s a thing. :D

I’ve heard of getting the credentials so you can login on your PC and do things, but not upgrade it.

3. wwu123

wwu123 Member

I did get my Model S account for Slacker, but having that doesn't provide any benfit to upgrading your service. You can log in on a separate device and do very slight customization - like adding Sports and News into the rotation.

I think in the Model S to upgrade to your own premium subscription, you have to scroll up in one of the windows while in the car and enter your own credneitals for you own Slacker account.

4. rhaekar

rhaekar Member

I wanted to upgrade the account and link it to the car.

I understand now. You only need the credentials if you want to use the Tesla account on the PC but if I just create an account and buy the upgrade I can use that info and enter it in the car.

• Like x 1
  5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Right, if you get your own account and upgrade, you can then create playlists and the other things that a premium account allows. But yours and theirs are separate accounts (from a service level).

6. doubleohwhat

doubleohwhat Member

Other than playlists, does the 3 support the upgraded slacker features (higher bitrate, etc)?