Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I upgrade my slacker account?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The model s and x guys said to email Tesla about their slacker account to upgrade it but when I emailed Tesla, they said they aren't providing slacker information for the model 3 at this time.

Anyone able to upgrade their account?

I just got my own personal account, upgraded it and it works great logged in on my car. Are you trying to upgrade the supplied account from Tesla? Not sure that’s a thing. :D

I’ve heard of getting the credentials so you can login on your PC and do things, but not upgrade it.

I did get my Model S account for Slacker, but having that doesn't provide any benfit to upgrading your service. You can log in on a separate device and do very slight customization - like adding Sports and News into the rotation.

I think in the Model S to upgrade to your own premium subscription, you have to scroll up in one of the windows while in the car and enter your own credneitals for you own Slacker account.

I wanted to upgrade the account and link it to the car.

I understand now. You only need the credentials if you want to use the Tesla account on the PC but if I just create an account and buy the upgrade I can use that info and enter it in the car.

Reactions: boaterva