Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do send and address to car nav?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you’re on iOS and in Maps and have an address/location loaded, you use the Share button. If Tesla doesn’t show up on the line with Mail/Messages, scroll to the right, select More, toggle Tesla on, then rearrange the order of the Activities as desired before selecting Dine. You should now be able to share an address to the Tesla app with the standard Share icon.

• Helpful
Reactions: israndy and tivoboy
Here's how to send an address to your Tesla from your IOS device. Of course, please ensure that you have the Tesla App installed and that it's up to date.

Apple Maps:
On Apple Maps, search for the destination address. Then Touch and hold on the pin on the map, then select Share location.

Google Maps:
On Google Maps, search for the destination address. Swipe up on the lower tab where the destination address is located, then tap on Share.

Sending to Tesla app via Sharing:
On tapping on the sharing option for both, you may need to scroll the middle app window all the way to the right (and may need to turn on the Tesla app to be visible via the "More" icon). If the Tesla icon is present, then simply tap it and it will send it to your Tesla :)

Hope this helps!

Any way to share to the car from Google maps on a desktop PC?

Nope. You need to share on a phone that has the Tesla App with your account (login). You could email/txt/whatsapp the address from your PC to the phone and then click it on the phone and share to Tesla App.

Or if you have a Chromebook maybe you could install the Tesla App on it? I think Google Play store probably won't let you install Tesla App on a chromebook, but I don't have a chromebook to try.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
Any way to share to the car from Google maps on a desktop PC?

Yes, you can do this but it takes one extra step. My current phone in a Google Pixel 3. In google maps on your desktop select send to your phone. Share to the phone that has the Tesla app installed. On Android, you will immediately get a notification at the top of the screen (Apple, I am not sure.). Select the notification which will launch google maps with the location you specified on your desktop. In the google maps app select share and then select Tesla. Bingo, the address is sent to your car.

Wonder when someone will make a Tesla desktop app that handles things like this. Or will Tesla add it to their website so you can see all you can see on your phone on any device that accesses the web, and allow sharing things to the car?

-Randy

it's a great feature! i wish waze was on the car

As a Waze addict this is what I do...

Usually I listen to Bluetooth music from my phone.
Phone sits on the passenger side charging pad. It’s easier to see Waze on that side than drivers side.
The only alert I have on Waze is for police.
The Tesla nav is fantastic and I use that as primary.
If there’s a cop ahead the Waze will tell me through the Bluetooth. I’ll also briefly look at it if I’m going or plan to go at an excessive rate.
I also run a V1 detector and remote display just under the screen on the left.

This has worked 100% for me as a Waze lover.

I was under the impression that with V9 it was possible to send an address to the car nav using the phone or a computer.

Am I wrong?

On iPhone, any place you have an address or map point (e.g. maps or contacts), use "share" (the box icon with an arrow pointing upwards out of it), then choose the Tesla app as the destination. it will automatically pop up in the nav system in the car. (On maps, you have to swipe up on the "card" at the screen bottom to see the Share button.)

Note that you might need to add the Tesla app to the share list. In the (lower) list of apps on the share pop-up, swipe along all the way to the end, then click "More" button to add Tesla app to the list.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin