TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How do updates to programs in Slacker occur? Talk radio in particular.

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by edschifman, May 13, 2013.

1. edschifman

edschifman Member

I can’t find any documentation as to how the internet radiostations are updated. I used TED, Freakanomics, IDEA andmany of the radio talks that are updated on Slacker on a regular basis in other formats. They all seemed to be last updated aroundApril 19 or so. I keep looking for them to update, but so far, no luck.

How might I do an update, if that is even available. I would think that there must be someautomated update occurring via the streaming potential of these talks orperhaps I have to initiate it, but there is simply no information at allavailable.

If you know or can advise, I would love to know the answerto how I can do it (or if I can do it) or when it gets update and how often.

2. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

If I'm understanding your question, I would think that these are updated from wherever they're being streamed from. The car just receives the internet stream the same way a radio receives radio waves, and there's nothing on your car stored or updatable.

3. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

I've just tried searching Slacker for "TED talk", "Freakanomics", "IDEA" and found nothing available on Slacker. Surprised me a great deal that such things would be available, sounded like an XM programming thing.

Slacker is much more about music.

I think you might be listening to some XM stations?

4. edschifman

edschifman Member

That makes as much sense as anything I can think of. I would think, however, that they would update weekly, or in some cases, more often than that. So far, no luck.
    Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I guarantee they are there...no XM or Sirius. They just require another level down. I don't recall the identifier, but will check tomorrow and try to repost. This is probably the most terrific programming available for free that I have seen. Great stuff and almost overwhelming in scope. I have listened to many of the newer ones but am looking for the new stuff in the past few weeks.

5. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)