Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do updates to programs in Slacker occur? Talk radio in particular.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t find any documentation as to how the internet radiostations are updated. I used TED, Freakanomics, IDEA andmany of the radio talks that are updated on Slacker on a regular basis in other formats. They all seemed to be last updated aroundApril 19 or so. I keep looking for them to update, but so far, no luck.

How might I do an update, if that is even available. I would think that there must be someautomated update occurring via the streaming potential of these talks orperhaps I have to initiate it, but there is simply no information at allavailable.

If you know or can advise, I would love to know the answerto how I can do it (or if I can do it) or when it gets update and how often.

If I'm understanding your question, I would think that these are updated from wherever they're being streamed from. The car just receives the internet stream the same way a radio receives radio waves, and there's nothing on your car stored or updatable.

I've just tried searching Slacker for "TED talk", "Freakanomics", "IDEA" and found nothing available on Slacker. Surprised me a great deal that such things would be available, sounded like an XM programming thing.

Slacker is much more about music.

I think you might be listening to some XM stations?

That makes as much sense as anything I can think of. I would think, however, that they would update weekly, or in some cases, more often than that. So far, no luck.
Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I guarantee they are there...no XM or Sirius. They just require another level down. I don't recall the identifier, but will check tomorrow and try to repost. This is probably the most terrific programming available for free that I have seen. Great stuff and almost overwhelming in scope. I have listened to many of the newer ones but am looking for the new stuff in the past few weeks.