Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do we STILL have a huge hole in PA and NY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much does sheetz charge for using the chademo? Those stations are ubiquitous throughout central PA so that's good news for my driving future. There's nothing I can find on their site about which stations have them so hopefully they keep plug share updated.

How much does sheetz charge for using the chademo? Those stations are ubiquitous throughout central PA so that's good news for my driving future. There's nothing I can find on their site about which stations have them so hopefully they keep plug share updated.

$1 per 5 minutes, so I paid $11 there. The budd lake green lots charger is $7 per session. There is a way to search on the sheetz website for stations with ev charging.

As far as ChaDemo goes, how many of those indicated stations say, "Coming Soon" when you click on them. I really wonder why PlugShare lets them be shown if they're not really online.

This is a real problem in some areas like Westchester county, NY. I asked plugshare about this and they said "certain providers" were allowed to add such stations which are not yet in service. Hopefully, they will allow us to filter out the not open locations soon.

Some of the coming soon stations have been in that status for almost a year.

It's also interesting to me that when one looks at many ChaDemo stations there is a very high number that seem to be out of service due to poor maintenance. Seems that filters get clogged and there is overheating. I have a Chademo adapter that I picked up when I started my cross country trip to Pasadena last June. It's still in the box with the seal intact. The Supercharger network was awesome. Always worked like a charm. The few larger gaps in the trip are starting to be filled in. The Supercharger in Columbia, MO went up recently so the long gap between St. Charles (St. Louis) and Independence, MO is plugged. The last longer gap is between Buffalo, NY and Macedonia, OH. Erie, PA is supposed to get a Supercharger but siting seems to be taking a really long time. Hopefully by next Summer that gap will also be filled. The minor inconveniences of charging are far outweighed (for me) by the pleasure of Tesla ownership.

It's also interesting to me that when one looks at many ChaDemo stations there is a very high number that seem to be out of service due to poor maintenance. Seems that filters get clogged and there is overheating. I have a Chademo adapter that I picked up when I started my cross country trip to Pasadena last June. It's still in the box with the seal intact. The Supercharger network was awesome. Always worked like a charm. The few larger gaps in the trip are starting to be filled in. The Supercharger in Columbia, MO went up recently so the long gap between St. Charles (St. Louis) and Independence, MO is plugged. The last longer gap is between Buffalo, NY and Macedonia, OH. Erie, PA is supposed to get a Supercharger but siting seems to be taking a really long time. Hopefully by next Summer that gap will also be filled. The minor inconveniences of charging are far outweighed (for me) by the pleasure of Tesla ownership.

If you ever plan to use it, take it out of the box and have your service center upgrade the firmware at your next visit.

Someone at Tesla doesn't like I80. Iowa has no supercharger, I think. And Nebraska only has one off I80 in Omaha. Lots of Teslas in Chicago now. The most common way to travel west and east is probably I80.

Ya think?

C'mon Tesla. I-80 goes between NYC and Chicago (with Pittsburgh, Cleveland. and Detroit essentially along the way). I really don't get how connecting Albuquerque to Oklahoma City came first.

Ya think?

C'mon Tesla. I-80 goes between NYC and Chicago (with Pittsburgh, Cleveland. and Detroit essentially along the way). I really don't get how connecting Albuquerque to Oklahoma City came first.

Maybe they are beginning along I80 out East. They are putting a SC in the Crossings Outlet Mall in Tannersville, PA which is right off of I80 Tannersville Exit and about 100 miles from NYC.

Someone at Tesla doesn't like I80. Iowa has no supercharger, I think. And Nebraska only has one off I80 in Omaha. Lots of Teslas in Chicago now. The most common way to travel west and east is probably I80.

I-90 is busier east of the split from I-80 (through upstate NY), but of course they still haven't put a Supercharger in Erie, and I don't think they're going to make it in 2015 (it is on the "2015" map still). C'mon, guys, it could be located anywhere from the 79/90 split to the 86/90 split, and anywhere from I-90 to the lakeshore. There's gotta be an option which will work...

I-76 is busier east of the split from I-80 (through Pittsburgh), but Harrisburg and Allentown still aren't open.
Hmmph.

The only area getting worse treatment is Arkanasas. I do wonder what Memphis ever did to Tesla. You can't get there from any direction!