Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you activate FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same issue, got the update yesterday and had no option to turn it on in the autopilot tab. Put an address into the navigation and then you should see the option to use full self driving in the autopilot tab.
Wait, do you have to have an address in and then go to the menus where autopilot is and then flip a button on each time you want the FSD Beta to be active? Wow, Tesla needs some instructions with this...

Also, still can't view my sentry live cameras... I've got the option turned on in the car and my app is the latest update, but it just times out while trying to load the camera feed...

I got the switch finally. 2020 Model 3 SR+
I'm not sure exact solution, but I've tried extra these that might help.
- clean all cameras
- drive more 10 miles
- re-calibrate camera [Service > Calibrate Cameras] it took a while

IMG_1453.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Tedkidd and K5TRX
Interesting, I thought about calibrating my cameras again...

Thanks for letting me know what it looks like! My screen certainly doesn't look like that... I've got the software update pending again thanks to the service center. I'll probably redownload while on WiFi this time and see what happens, if that doesn't work I'll calibrate cameras and see what works...

Interesting that they allow "rolling stops." I understand teaching the car to be more "human" rather than a strict right and wrong follow the laws, but I totally thought rolling stops would be something you 100% would get pulled over for if a cop saw that happen...

Reactions: K5TRX
Same boat for me. Hoping this trickles through soon. Have done all but the camera recalibrate but will wait to see others suggestions and feedback.
So I did not have to recalibrate the cameras. As others have said, about 24 hours later it just showed up on it's own and works fine (I mean works like a 14 year old driving the car, but works as expected, lol).

I was worried I screwed it up because I had them push the software update again to me, but I installed that again last night and it still works fine this morning. FSD makes me very embarrassed with traffic around, it slows down way before an intersection and boy oh boy is it slow to actually pull away and make a right or left turn, but for empty roads and side streets, it's just so awesome to see how much the car is actually seeing and how well it's doing. We're years away from it being as good as AP on interstates and from it being a "turn on each time you get in the car" type of thing... but now I believe it'll happen for at least 90% of the cases, probably in the next 3 years. I'm impressed.

Reactions: Tedkidd
Yep next day it finally clicked in no fuss. Don’t have anything to complain about as it’s much more then I previously had so I appreciate the opportunity. Rather impressive I must say clearly some over the top talent in that software department. Future updates will be a joy for sure!

Moderator note: This post plus several replies were merged from a related thread.

Hi, I have an early 19' M3 DM, and I installed 10.5 FSD Beta. I am wondering if anyone has found a way to enable FSD? My autopilot options have not changed, and I do not see any additional terms to agree to. There is no Toggle to turn it on, and everything seems to be working as it did before the 10.5 update.

I have tried power cycling it from the screen, Resetting with the thumbwheels, driving for a bit, leaving it alone to go to sleep, and charging it for a while.

Any ideas, or has anyone figured out what I might be doing wrong?

Last edited by a moderator: