Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you activate FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My score went away, and visualization somewhat improved, and the camera button showed up, but beta not active

What does "The full self-driving beta feature toggle has been disabled to use full self-driving beta, re-enable the feature toggle and controls autopilot and review the updated terms" mean?

I opted out and opted back in, didn't change anything. Hope that doesn't put me back at the beginning. (camera button is still on main screen)

Last edited:
Any ideas, or has anyone figured out what I might be doing wrong?

There have been quite a few owners who experienced the same. It sounds like there is a delay for the FSD beta on/off slider to show up.

There have been quite a few owners who experienced the same. It sounds like there is a delay for the FSD beta on/off slider to show up.

So I found a way, and it does not require a full reset of the car by removing high voltage cable and 12V battery cables as some have suggested.

All I did was unplug the MCU with the power turned off and plug it back in. This is part of the install for the Ingenext modules and it basically hard resets the MCU. Here is a video with instructions (obviously ignore the part about installing the ghost module).

Also, I am in no way affiliated with ingenext and definitely do not have a ghost module installed in my car 👻👻

So I found a way, and it does not require a full reset of the car by removing high voltage cable and 12V battery cables as some have suggested.

All I did was unplug the MCU with the power turned off and plug it back in. This is part of the install for the Ingenext modules and it basically hard resets the MCU. Here is a video with instructions (obviously ignore the part about installing the ghost module).

Also, I am in no way affiliated with ingenext and definitely do not have a ghost module installed in my car 👻👻

May be giving this a shot in a little bit.

No

No dice. Same screen as before.
Bummer, just to be sure, did you turn off the car from the screen unplug the smaller white MCU cable that is super hard to get to with my giant hands. Wait a few seconds (you will see a red status light near the cable go off). Then plug it back in and press the brake to start (I had to shut the door, walk away, come back, get in the car, press the brake to get it started).

If that does not work, I would set up a service appointment and see if they will re-send the software. I just took my first FSD drive, and it is very cool but quite dangerous. It made a lot of wrong moves and went straight in a turn lane. I am looking forward to seeing future improvements.

Bummer, just to be sure, did you turn off the car from the screen unplug the smaller white MCU cable that is super hard to get to with my giant hands. Wait a few seconds (you will see a red status light near the cable go off). Then plug it back in and press the brake to start (I had to shut the door, walk away, come back, get in the car, press the brake to get it started).

If that does not work, I would set up a service appointment and see if they will re-send the software. I just took my first FSD drive, and it is very cool but quite dangerous. It made a lot of wrong moves and went straight in a turn lane. I am looking forward to seeing future improvements.
I didn't unplug it long. I'll go unplug it again. Is it the plug closer to the floor or higher up?

I had the same issue. Here is what worked for me (vision only MY long range)
1. Top off air in tires (TPMS warning light was on)
2. Fill washer fluid (had low level alert)
3. Plug in Tesla branded USB drive (t wouldn’t work with the third party brand installed)
4. a short drive (~2-3 miles)
5. Two button reset
6. Success!

• Love
Reactions: Tam
PEOPLE!!! Doesn't need any hocus-pocus...just wait, and drive a bit, and the button will appear!!! All the stuff you are doing is NOT needed....but I've found that it can be activated by reading a good book, mowing the lawn, or simply contemplating your navel....

• Funny
Reactions: Tedkidd