Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you carry your bike?

If you carry a bike, how do you do it on your Model 3?

• Tesla roof rack

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • SeaSucker

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Some other roof rack system

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trailer hitch

Votes: 38 38.4%
  • Inside the car

Votes: 43 43.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019-19-17_09537.jpg

I'm using the Tesla roof rack with a Thule UpRide carrier to carry my mountain bike.
Working well so far.
Hi! I just bought the Thule Upride 599 to my Tesla S 2020 with Tesla roof rack. Question: did you use the “t-screw/bolt” included from Thule and the press it through the rubber from one side, on the roof rack?

• Funny
Reactions: Char
Hi! I just bought the Thule Upride 599 to my Tesla S 2020 with Tesla roof rack. Question: did you use the “t-screw/bolt” included from Thule and the press it through the rubber from one side, on the roof rack?

it doesn’t go through the rubber...the rubber is pushed down and the bolt is slid on top of the rubber...sandwiched between the rubber and frame of the rail.

We are a professional electric bike shop in Santa Barbara, Ca. this is the set up we recommend...
The Invisible eTrailer.com hitch with a Kuat NV Base 2.0 rack.
eBikes in picture are Made in France Moustache brand with Bosch Motor systems.

Attachments

• IMG_6235.jpeg
    IMG_6235.jpeg
    619.2 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_6236.jpeg
    IMG_6236.jpeg
    777.4 KB · Views: 271
I use an ecotech hitch with a OneUp rack on the back. Works perfect. I did the install myself which was pretty easy if you take your time.

I have also hauled the bike in the back with the seat down and a towel over the back of the seat. Take off the front wheel and slide it in rear wheel first with the derailleur up. Road or mountain bike will fit back there.

Attachments

• IMG_0685.jpeg
    IMG_0685.jpeg
    932.8 KB · Views: 228
I use an ecotech hitch with a OneUp rack on the back. Works perfect. I did the install myself which was pretty easy if you take your time.

I have also hauled the bike in the back with the seat down and a towel over the back of the seat. Take off the front wheel and slide it in rear wheel first with the derailleur up. Road or mountain bike will fit back there.
I doubt these are available in the UK but the 1up system looks great. Does it fit to the rear subframe or do you have the tow option on your car and it slots in there?
Now it's summer I may try my road bike inside my car (Im lucky I can cycle off/on road from my house) but the CX bike is going nowhere near the inside (still too new)

I was curious which rack that is and how much the electric bike weighs that you have mounted. I assume it holds 2 of them.
I think its a Saris Freedom 2 Bike, but I got it used, so it's an older model. The Bike is a Zappy, it's a beach cruiser style that uses special tires, and a lead-acid battery pack. It's pretty heavy but I am a pretty big guy so I don't know, 25, maybe 50 lbs?

• Helpful
Reactions: Char

Another vote for the Torklift Ecohitch with 1upUSA rack.
I just put pictures here.

$300 Hitch