Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you check that sound system is working properly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my 2018 M3P serviced (upgrade to HW3) and the front speakers were not working afterwards.
New appointment at the SC and they fixed that, but now I have the feeling that the sound is not what it used to be, it feels "off".
All speakers seem to work but sound seems to be balanced much more towards the front speakers now than it used to be...
Do you know of any sound system test tracks for the Model 3 or any other way how to test that the M3 Premium Sound System sounds as it should?

I had my 2018 M3P serviced (upgrade to HW3) and the front speakers were not working afterwards.
New appointment at the SC and they fixed that, but now I have the feeling that the sound is not what it used to be, it feels "off".
All speakers seem to work but sound seems to be balanced much more towards the front speakers now than it used to be...
Do you know of any sound system test tracks for the Model 3 or any other way how to test that the M3 Premium Sound System sounds as it should?
play with the audio settings and maybe do a hard reset?

Upvote 0

if they upgraded to HW3 maybe it did upgrade the DSP or smth too. Model 3 had an update in... either 2020 or 2021 which changed the sound system to use more of the front speakers which kinda made it seem like there were 2 studio monitors to the left and right of the driver. Before that the highend came more from the door tweeter...

The other thing is that maybe they switched stereo widening off which makes the sound seem to come more from the front.

Upvote 0