Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you clean a large liquid spill on the rear seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RNHurt

2020 MY, White, Black
Jul 29, 2020
Louisville, KY
I was transporting my daughters dog today and it decided to pee all over the rear seat backs. The seats were folded flat and it was standing directly on the rear seat backs. I cleaned up everything I could but I'm certain a large amount (1/3 gallon?) of pee made it's way to the seat. I even removed the rear seat bottom and cleaned everything I could see or reach, which wasn't much.

Are there any guides to cleaning under the rear seat? Is there a drain down there? What happens when someone (ie a child) spills a drink or other liquid straight down the rear seats? How can you possibly clean that out?

Thanx!
Richard

• Informative
Reactions: rob1987
I was transporting my daughters dog today and it decided to pee all over the rear seat backs. The seats were folded flat and it was standing directly on the rear seat backs. I cleaned up everything I could but I'm certain a large amount (1/3 gallon?) of pee made it's way to the seat. I even removed the rear seat bottom and cleaned everything I could see or reach, which wasn't much.

Are there any guides to cleaning under the rear seat? Is there a drain down there? What happens when someone (ie a child) spills a drink or other liquid straight down the rear seats? How can you possibly clean that out?

Thanx!
Richard
I wouldn't think there would be a drain, since the battery is right there. I think all you can do is use a shopvac to get as much as you can, let it air dry and perhaps put dishes of baking soda in the car when closed to get rid of any smell.

Reactions: RNHurt
Yes, I pulled the seat bottom out and cleaned what I could in there. But the space is tight and it's full of high voltage stuff so I didn't poke around too much.
You don't have to worry about the electrics from moisture/water much as it is all sealed. And the exposed 12v connection isn't a big deal unless you jump it which you're not going to do. If there's sitting water after you clean suck it up with a shopvac maybe? I dunno how bad it is but I can just imagine, yikes. Good luck.

Reactions: RNHurt
Ah, that's good to know about the sealed electronics. I figured there wouldn't be anything super dangerous out in the open.

I was thinking about putting a shop rag on a pole or something and trying to get down between the converter and the body of the car. However, whatever liquid was down there has probably dried up and I'm not sure it's worth stirring it up again. There is no smell or anything so maybe I've dodged a bullet this time.