Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you clean Tesla's WeatherTech mats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use an all purpose cleaner like Meguiar's D101 or D108. I also have a floor mat cleaner made by Chemical Guys that does a nice job as well, but probably isn't worth the extra price.

See my review on another forum: Chemical Guys Mat Renew Floor Mat Cleaner and Protectant

What you don't want to do is put a typical protectant (like Armor All, etc.) on the mat since this may increase the slickness of the mat and as a result your ability to slip around.

I leave them in place. Vacuum them to get rid of dust, etc. Then wipe them off with a damp cloth.

(Now anticipating the arrival of a dozen people telling me that's the exact wrong thing to do.)

Bruce.

+1. That's what I do also. The weather tech mats actually fit in the Tesla better than any other weather tech mats I have bought for previous cars. Originally I was hesitant on buying them for that reason. But the service center had them there and put them in for me to see.

Thanks Erik