TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How do you clean Tesla's WeatherTech mats?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by shah007, Sep 9, 2016.

1. shah007

shah007 Member

How do you clean Tesla's WeatherTech mats? Do you remove them and clean?

• Like x 1
  2. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

When I wash the car, I just throw them on the driveway and hose them off. Let them dry in the sun.

3. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

I leave them in place. Vacuum them to get rid of dust, etc. Then wipe them off with a damp cloth.

(Now anticipating the arrival of a dozen people telling me that's the exact wrong thing to do.)

Bruce.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  4. taurusking

taurusking Member

That's exact wrong thing to do.:)

PS: I do the same thing

;)

• Funny x 1
  5. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

I use an all purpose cleaner like Meguiar's D101 or D108. I also have a floor mat cleaner made by Chemical Guys that does a nice job as well, but probably isn't worth the extra price.

See my review on another forum: Chemical Guys Mat Renew Floor Mat Cleaner and Protectant

What you don't want to do is put a typical protectant (like Armor All, etc.) on the mat since this may increase the slickness of the mat and as a result your ability to slip around.

6. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

+1. That's what I do also. The weather tech mats actually fit in the Tesla better than any other weather tech mats I have bought for previous cars. Originally I was hesitant on buying them for that reason. But the service center had them there and put them in for me to see.

Thanks Erik

7. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

When mine get really dirty, I take them out and put them on my driveway, spray them with Simple Green and scrub with a bristle brush, then hose off and let dry. But I only do that a few times a year.