Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you clear tpms error?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you clear tpms error? Its says one tire is too low but other tires are the same psi as the one the with error. I have rebooted car and that did not work..any suggestions would help..

In my experience it will only ever complain about one Tire even if multiple are low. If it's actually low you'll have to increase pressure. If not you can reset from the settings.

Hi Shemp, I'm curious whether long time means 20 minutes or a few days?
Typically, when there's a delay for things to reset, it means the car needs to go into "sleep". So, for some that means overnight; and for others, it means no time at all, because there's a procedure you can use to manually put the car into sleep.

I'd tell you what the procedure is, but I don't know it!

45 might be too high. window sticker says 42. Mine was at 45 at delivery and drove ok.

Multiple threads on this but I can say I've tried to keep mine at 45 (when checked well and cold) and the tires are close to 25k miles and aren't dead yet so.. I personally find the ride fine, others prefer a little less firm so adjust pressure there but remember softer tires can wear more, depending...

On Friday I showed right rear at 1 psi low and it triggered tpms warning. Later on the drive warning went away. Warning came back and saw right rear 1 psi higher than others. Strange that only a 1psi diff can trigger tmps. Happened after newest firmware update. Bug? Never had this issue before.

Typically, when there's a delay for things to reset, it means the car needs to go into "sleep". So, for some that means overnight; and for others, it means no time at all, because there's a procedure you can use to manually put the car into sleep.

I'd tell you what the procedure is, but I don't know it!

Hi KenC, Thanks for your reply. I had a problem that I resolved.

I will share my experience. I had the Tesla OEM snow tire package installed by the service center. The TPMS showed a problem with the driver side rear wheel tire pressure being low. They replaced the sensor, but the problem persisted although the tire pressure was actually okay. Since it was late and we have snow on the ground, I left with the problem unresolved. While driving the next day, I saw that the TPMS now showed that the driver side rear wheel tire pressure was OK, but the passenger side rear wheel tire pressure was now low. I checked the tires with a gauge and, in fact, the passenger side tire was low at exactly the pressure indicated by the TPMS. I put air in that tire and the TPMS reset itself and the warning and tire pressure diagram on the touch screen disappeared.

I have no clue about why the TPMS got confused about which wheel had low pressure, but the problem is resolved now. I have correct tire pressure by gauge and by TPMS.