TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How do you close front doors?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by FaceACA, Oct 3, 2016.

1. FaceACA

FaceACA Member

Probably an odd question. I don't have self presenting doors, but you can control auto door close with key fob. (I have single press all door close off right now) So I thought there may be a trick to it.

How are you non-self presenting door people closing your drivers side? Manually, pressing the handle (which feels awkard/difficult to do), or another auto way I'm unaware of?

2. LuckyX

LuckyX Stormtrooper X60D, Autopilot, and Hitch

I use 1 click close all when I leave.

When in the car I suppress the brake or by the touchscreen. Rarely do I close the door manually

I think these are the only methods, only had my X for a week

3. pingc315

pingc315 New Member

I thought the doors would close on their own and lock (at least I thought so on Model X videos on Tesla website). However I've tried walking away and nothing happened...

4. jonman

jonman Member

when leaving the vehicle, with the fob, I manually push it and the door closes itself the rest of the way. I don't use the auto close except when I'm inside.

5. philinsf

philinsf Member

just close the door till it touches, let the car pull it shut

6. outie

outie Active Member

I want to use 1 click close all but there was once I was loading my infant and my wife loading the toddler, the button got pushed accidentally in my pocket and all the doors started closing. If the doors had sensor inside I wouldn't care, but the doors don't stop until they get resistance, so someone will get hurt first. Ever since then I disabled it. When I read others having such problem I didn't care until it happened to myself.

7. MomdelX

MomdelX Member

Now that I've been driving my X for a good week, I'm getting a routine down. Lol. I'm 'old skool' and use the buttons on the side pillars to close the falcon doors afterI put each kid in their car seat. For myself, I just slightly pull the handle out and let the door close itself. I usually use the touch screen to open doors since, again, kids. The fob is buried at the bottom of my bag, so I never use it.

8. UnitaryExecutive

When I'm in the car I use the handle to open and brake to close. When I have passengers almost always open and close from the touchscreen close all. When I leave I walk away and tap the key fob to close all.

I'm ruined and can't use a normal car properly now.

• Like x 1