Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you deal with cold steering wheel ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm from MN and lived in FL for a bit.... you ppl devolve into hysterical panic once the weather hits 50, and I'm jealous :/

As I’m sitting here waiting on my wife..... Seat heater on LOL. Actually looking forward to this Christmas, high of 61. Usually it’s mid 80s

image.jpg

As I’m sitting here waiting on my wife..... Seat heater on LOL. Actually looking forward to this Christmas, high of 61. Usually it’s mid 80s

View attachment 620264

it's 44C here haha.

i actually think southern USA/ Aus relies more on heated steering wheel than where its cold. I.e. here its humid chilly at 18Cish in winter. you dont want to heat the car as it is the waste but you do want some AC and heated seats and wheel when its chilly outside.

If id live somewhere where it gets down to 0 id just preheat and direct the airflow at the steering wheel. In my old BMW e46 318 you had an amazing steering wheel heater - the vents could be pointed directly at the fingers. way better than a heated steering wheel hehe.

Not really that cold here but have been down in the morning to upper 20s low 30s with sometimes frost or ice on car. I have always found pre-warming my car by going to Climate on app and depressing Turn On Climate, set to HI, along with depressing the windshield button really heats my car up fast and no issues thinking my steering wheel is cold on bare hands. Having your fan for the drivers side positioned at the steering wheel (face level) should also help.

My husbands 2017 MS has the cold weather package with heated steering wheel etc and I was thinking I would miss it when I got my Model 3 back in 2018 but doing the above steps haven’t missed it at all.