Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you decide? Regrets?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Poisonous cars?

Do you think all of that lithium and cobalt you are sitting on is organic?

You would have a little less snark if you read up on how and where it is produced.

Eventually old batteries can by recycled to minimize the impact. And other chemistries and technologies will come along
that are cheaper and less problematic now that EVs are seen as not just viable, but a lot of fun to drive.

With ICE cars you have 100 million engines that spew CO and other poisons into the face of the person behind.

Remember when there was lead in gasoline? You could measure it in the blood of people that lived near heavily traveled roads.

I remember life before catalytic converters were mandatory. LA looked like Beijing.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I had the same dilemma with the LR and the Performance. I drove the LR first, and man, I thought it was fast. After driving the performance, all bets were off. But I couldn't rationalize that being worth $20k, or 25% more cost. The LR is still very fast. Like you said, you have the money but it can be spent elsewhere too.
I didn't opt for the FSD for the same reason; just wasn't worth the $7k to me for what we get now. If we see true autonomy or great features coming out, I can add it at any time.
I love my LR. I admit that it seemed faster when I first test drove it to know since I'm used to it, but I still wouldn't have spent the $20k for the performance. And I used to own a hotrod shop building all kinds of fast toys, plus I raced SCORE. Going fast is in my blood, and the LR still filled the need enough.

My advice?? WIth the stocks doing what they're doing right now, and likely where they will go once the COVID-19 clears up, take the $27k and buy TSLA stock when you think it's bottoming out, let it climb back up and turn it into $50-75k ;).

As an aside, if you do want to wait a little to see what the near future holds for the MS, you can call your leasing company for the current car and request an "informal lease extension." It will extend your lease for up to 6 months (whatever you ask for) and your payment will stay the same, your residual value will decrease proportionately and your allotted mileage will increase proportionately. Basically just buys you a little time if you want it.