Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you delete charging spots on the map.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For some reason our S has added our home as a charging station, and another home about 6 houses down from us. Sometimes it says we are parked at one location, and at other times, the second location. How do I delete the wrong loction from the map?

I told you not to plug in at your mistress's house ... now you're screwed ;)....

LOL I am not touching that quote with a ten foot pole. :biggrin:

To OP:
Either its a SW bug (others have reported weird GPS locations) or the satellite/3G signal maybe poor in your location, causing inaccurate map locations.
Try deleting the spot listed in the Visited Chargers screen (there is EDIT button there), then let it reassign. Hopefully at the correct location.

Last edited:
Try deleting the spot listed in the Visited Chargers screen (there is EDIT button there), then let it reassign. Hopefully at the correct location.

ohhh right this was fairly recent I think...not there with earlier versions. looking back at the changelog Model S software/firmware changelog - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

version 5.9
ENHANCEMENTS
Superchargers and visited chargers
Charging locations are now shown by default on the map and the menu items have been removed. You can now delete items from the visited chargers list.

forgot about that.

so rejoice, now you can delete it and sleep with peace knowing that your wife will never find out where you were at (well, unless she's tracking your history w\ VisibleTesla).

I told you not to plug in at your mistress's house ... now you're screwed ;)

seriously though, I am unaware of any way to delete previously used charging locations.

Good one :wink:

The second site is just 5 houses away - I think the GPS screwed up, but it leaves two charging stations within a block. Then, when I went to set my home loction while parked in my driveway, it was saying I was at the other location ???

I couldn't figure this out either, which is why I revisited this thread. I remember this ability introduced some time ago and now that I have an actual use for it, it's no longer there?

Nope. No longer there, service center had no clue how to proceed either.

I think it's pretty creepy that someone who gets in the car can look up every place this car has ever charged. Not every Tesla owner and service worker is so innocent.

Reactions: DriverOne