Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you delete "Onboard" footage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought if you do have a version that in fact saves it to the car's memory, inserting a USB memory stick would cause it to download.

Why do you think you have video from the Sentry event in the car's memory, and even if so, what's the problem?

the footage is in the "Onboard" section - not "Sentry" or "Dashboard".
IMG_0727.jpeg

Once you launch the footage, there's only a "Download" icon but no delete icon. I've tried to download, but the footage remains in the "Onboard" section and cannot be deleted.
IMG_0728.jpeg

My wife accidentally set off the alarm and was recorded by the car's onboard memory. Does anyone know how I can delete it? I have no issue at deleting Sentry or Dashcam footages.
Same here. I just got 257 sentry events in one night, yeah crazy... While I cleared all of them from the USB drive, I can’t seem to be able to delete an older one saved on the “onboard” section. Maybe a future update will solve this...
Onboard.jpg

Reactions: spdracer888
Same here. I just got 257 sentry events in one night, yeah crazy... While I cleared all of them from the USB drive, I can’t seem to be able to delete an older one saved on the “onboard” section. Maybe a future update will solve this...

Over the weekend a passing by Harley set off the alarm and they previous previous footage was overwritten. So I guess the onboard memory will always store the last alarm triggering event.

i had a tire issue that needed a tow. tesla brought a flatbed. i stupidly armed the alarm whilst it was on the back of the flatbed (dude was dropping me off at the crib) and the alarm went off :rolleyes:😒, leaving this sentry video "on board".

this was back in march -- still is there to this day. i finally today just decided to search to see if someone else had this issue and im glad its not me. i didnt see this mentioned in the manual that it does not remove itself after you download it, and across multiple software updates, it stays.. it messes with my OCD because i like to clean out my sentry clips, plus its a reminder of how dumb I was by arming the alarm on the car whilst it was on the flatbed.... 🤦‍♂️

i had a tire issue that needed a tow. tesla brought a flatbed. i stupidly armed the alarm whilst it was on the back of the flatbed (dude was dropping me off at the crib) and the alarm went off :rolleyes:😒, leaving this sentry video "on board".

this was back in march -- still is there to this day. i finally today just decided to search to see if someone else had this issue and im glad its not me. i didnt see this mentioned in the manual that it does not remove itself after you download it, and across multiple software updates, it stays.. it messes with my OCD because i like to clean out my sentry clips, plus its a reminder of how dumb I was by arming the alarm on the car whilst it was on the flatbed.... 🤦‍♂️
same here it bothers me soooo much i have to find way to delete it
I believe the only way to delete ALL recordings is to format the drive.
tried it dont wok

I, too have an onboard video of an alarm event that cannot be deleted. After reading this thread, it makes sense that it behaves this way. You don't want the criminal to be able to delete the footage, so it cannot be removed easily. The next alarm event will overwrite the video, but that implies that the vehicle owner shut off the existing alarm... presumably while ensuring that vehicle is safe.

Rad all the posts. I bought a second hand Tesla and can’t delete the onboard footage from the previous owner. When I click on it there in no delete trash can only ‘save footage to USB drive option it’s only 1:58 seconds but I find it annoying to see it there.