Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you determine what region/geography you're in for pre-orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Phoenix, AZ so is my internet pre-order from the 31st lumped in with "West Coast" or ? How do you determine your "geography" as per this tweet from Elon Musk today:
"A Model 3 order gives you priority in your geography, so, even tho total count is high, ordering early will make a big difference locally."

Timezones? ;)
Then AZ would go from one region to the other because of daylight saving time which is not observed? :D

But... as long as West Coast is not defined as "West Coast Arizona".... I guess you'll be lucky enough to be in the same region as those in CA....:)

Basically Tesla promises to treat everyone right.... within their zone... so they reserve the right to deliver # 5000 in CA / WA / OR / NV / AZ ... before starting to deliver in FL, NY etc. ... and they will get it much sooner than Europe, and we will get sooner than UK because they drive on the wrong side of the road.:p

Timezones? ;)
Then AZ would go from one region to the other because of daylight saving time which is not observed? :D

But... as long as West Coast is not defined as "West Coast Arizona".... I guess you'll be lucky enough to be in the same region as those in CA....:)

Basically Tesla promises to treat everyone right.... within their zone... so they reserve the right to deliver # 5000 in CA / WA / OR / NV / AZ ... before starting to deliver in FL, NY etc. ... and they will get it much sooner than Europe, and we will get sooner than UK because they drive on the wrong side of the road.:p

Thanks, AnalysiZ. Like everybody else I'm trying to figure out if the $7500 tax credit might still be around when my Tesla is ready.

I believe there was an incentive that expired April 1st in CA, and Tesla therefore prioritized CA deliveries...
They could do the same with the tax credit you're all hoping to get... In that case they would start delivery end of 2017 in CA, 90 of production capacity in 2018 to the US (Starting in the West) and only deliver a small amount to other Regions in the World, just enough to keep reservation holders satisfied.....

And even though it will set my delivery back in time, I understand completely. Your Gain is bigger then my loss AND in 2013 we in the Netherlands were prioritized over the rest of the EU because we had our Tax profit getting less as from 2014...

And... If I cannot wait long enough...I'll come over to Phoenix to enjoy the ride in your Model 3... :)