Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you fast forward music with the new update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the holiday update, when playing Spotify, I am no longer able to tap or slide my finger along the line to fast forward to a specific portion of the song/podcast anymore. The only way I can fast forward is hit the +15 second icon over and over. Am I missing something or is this another wonderful feature deletion that we have experienced througout the new UI?

After the holiday update, when playing Spotify, I am no longer able to tap or slide my finger along the line to fast forward to a specific portion of the song/podcast anymore. The only way I can fast forward is hit the +15 second icon over and over. Am I missing something or is this another wonderful feature deletion that we have experienced througout the new UI?
First press and hold on the bar that’s moving and slide to where you like. Similar to the old UI but now you have to press and hold them slide

I have found (at least in Tidal in the Model S refresh) that if the music player is minimized to the small card at the bottom of the screen, you CANNOT scrub the "play point" on the song's progress line -- the line that shows the songs progress. However, you CAN do this when the music player is the medium or large panels.

• Informative
Reactions: Boza and Sporty
Reports in other threads say you can scrub both bars but you must touch *above* the bar to do it.

Could press-and-hold be a matter of bouncing in the moving car up to the hidden touch area above the bar?

(I'm waiting before updating so I can't test this.)

Confirming that “scrubbing” works in both large and small windows. The keyword is “above” the bar, not the bar itself. (Wondering what is the reason for that UI decision)

In V10, long-press on the dashcam icon flashes feedback when it turns off the dashcam, so you can safely remove the USB drive. This interaction is unguessable, undocumented, and the feedback is obscured behind the finger. (A "safely remove USB" feature would be good.)

The scrubber offset might've been intended to fix that kind of finger-obscuring bug, although the time number that pops up fixes it.

Clearly they didn't do a usability test on this change. It seems easy to fix by adding a light colored bar to demark the touch-sensitive area.

Another hypothesis is they're designing game challenges for drivers.