Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you get it to play the same song?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

iwannam3

Aug 8, 2016
Washington
So first time I say "Play Born to Be Wild" I get the song. "Head out on the highway, looking for adventure" etc. The next time I try to play it I get "Born to Be Wild radio station" and a similar genre song. How do I force it to play the original song?

For those of us without premium, it seems to play the song I request every time...as long as the requests for a single song are at least 24 hours apart. (The window used to seem more like two days, but one day has been working for me lately. Two days ago I played a song around noon, and yesterday when I requested it at 11 it failed, but again at 12:30 it worked. Maybe it's just chance, but it sure sounds like a 24-hour window).

If it's been less than a day, yeah you just get the station and a bunch of "similar" songs. But often if you just skip several songs, it will end up playing the one you want.

To do so you need a paid premium account. Otherwise, sometimes it will repeat the same song but most of the times it won't.
I've decided to try a premium account, solely for this ability. I'm still getting the same behavior as the OP. Before you ask, yes I have ensured that I'm using my Premium account and not the Tesla account that came with the car. What are others'experiences with a Premium Slacker account?