TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How do you get Slacker back in your car after the trial run?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Lazenby, May 6, 2016.

1. Lazenby

Lazenby Member

The first few months I had my p85d it had Slacker and it was awesome. Then it went away and I spent a little while trying to figure out how to order it back, but it wasn't clear to me and that was probably 10 months ago. I figure I just call up/go online and tell Slacker my car info, but I don't know what that info is or how exactly to get it so if anyone has any info please let me know. Thanks!

2. thimel

thimel Member

The Tesla Slacker subscription lasts at least four years. So your subscription has not run out. Perhaps you accidentally changed the login information? If so, go to the settings screen and there is a button to set them back to the original account.

3. Sethsla

Sethsla Member

If you can't reset it in the car, call Tesla service or your local showroom. The customer service team can help you. The service is free for Model S owners.

• Like x 1
  4. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Actually it's the connectivity that will be free for at least 4 years, not specifically the Slacker subscription.

5. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

My slacker subscription has also ran out.
    Haven't been able to figure out how to log in with my account

6. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

Contact Tesla and they will email you the Slacker username and password to use.

7. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

It hasn't run out. It's a bug. Call Tesla service as suggested above.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

Question: I have a perfectly working Slacker setup. If I go on the Slacker Web site (using my Tesla-provided credentials), and check my account settings, I get the message "You are currently subscribed to Slacker Radio Plus from a gift subscription. Your subscription will expire on 05/20/2016". Does that mean Tesla will automatically renew the Slacker subscription? (I took delivery in early May 2015, so this subscription is about a year old.)

Bruce.

9. Chrisizzle

Chrisizzle Member

I got my Slacker username and password from my Tesla service guy. It's a series of numbers with an @TeslaMotors.com email address plus random password.

I use the same login at home and on my devices so I can have unified favorited everywhere I go.

10. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Yes.
    I don't know that anyone has looked at this on the Slacker web site before to see that it's done a year at a time. But don't worry, it's seamless. I've had my Model S for three years and Sacker has worked every day without me having to do anything.

• Like x 1
  11. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

Excellent, thank you. I'm not worried, just anal-retentive. :) :) :)

Bruce.

12. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

I stopped by the service center and they said my subscription expired.
    Now I'm not sure what to believe.

• Informative x 1
  13. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

Call customer service?

Bruce.

• Like x 1
  14. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Will do!

15. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

You'll find here many examples of Tesla service center and sales people having an aversion to saying "I don't know". Sometimes they give an answer just to give an answer, even if it's not the right answer.

• Like x 3
  16. Fusion

Fusion Member

Any other way to get the Slacker subscription info without having to talk to the service center? I'm trying to use it on my other devices.

17. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

I sent an email to servicehelpna@ requesting my Slacker credentials, and within 24 hours they sent them, no questions asked. You don't need to go to your service center (in fact email works best because you can just cut-and-paste from the reply).

Oh and following up on my question up-thread about expiration dates, my Slacker subscription automatically renewed for another year as of a couple weeks ago.

Bruce.

• Informative x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  18. Julesp313

Julesp313 Member

The service center - and I believe it's also in the electronic manual on my car - both say the Slacker subscription is for a year, after which I may continue under a paid subscription. The wifi/LTE connectivity is intended to be included with the car purchase price for four years. I've only had the car for three weeks so I'll report back in a year... :)

• Helpful x 1
  19. Julesp313

Julesp313 Member

And to reply to myself, from the April 2016 user manual on My Tesla:

Slacker
    Model S automatically provides you with a
    complimentary 12-month Slacker Plus account.
    Tesla has set up this account for you and there
    is no need to log in. To use your own Slacker
    Plus or Premium account, log in as described
    above.

20. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

Just to confirm, Tesla renewed your "Slacker Radio Plus" subscription for another year? They didn't downgrade it to the free "Basic" subscription for year 2?

I ask because I'm about 17 days before mine expires, and I was thinking of just upgrading to premium for the next year, but if Tesla renews it to the Plus for free, I might as well keep it.