Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you get status of title paperwork being mailed out?

OCR1

Jan 28, 2018
Southern California
Due to the 7 day return period I believe Tesla has been sitting on the paperwork for the first week in case of a return. You will need to call them and follow up to find out if it has been processed.

jplanaux

Aug 13, 2019
Destrehan, Louisiana
It's been about 7 days since my delivery.
Mine went like this ...

Understand that in Louisiana - no temp tag will be issued without the DMV packet. My car is essentially bricked until I get the packet. I gave up a trade on the assumption that I would get a packet in 7-10 days. Tesla is misrepresenting this and should be HONEST with their customers.

Tesla advertises 7-10 days, so after delivery we emailed our delivery guy on the 7th day. He responds, "Oh you received your car, we will get that packet out in 7-10 days". (Tesla is waaaaaaaaaay behind and this buys them additional time). The paperwork shows that my car was delivered on 7 days after receipt - the day I called.

On the subsequent second 7-10 day period we contacted them and were promised that it would be sent out right away. We waited a few days and no packet. We contacted Tesla back by email and they started "ghosting us".

Subsequent phone calls, emails, promises that eventually became LIES.

I eventually got my packet on Monday - The total process ended up being 40 days from actual receipt of car.

Tesla is pushing manufacturing limits in the factory, but it is very clear that his support system is not scaling equally. As a new Tesla owner, it concerns me that service will be an equally impossible situation.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC