Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you get voice command to work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think my English accent gives it some trouble. "Navigate to" works every time, all the time. But trying to get it to "phone" or "dial" someone almost always gives me an unrecognized command error.

Unless I use an incredibly bad fake American accent. In which case it will "dial" people. But that's not an option when there are other people in the car. ;)

I think my English accent gives it some trouble. "Navigate to" works every time, all the time. But trying to get it to "phone" or "dial" someone almost always gives me an unrecognized command error.

Unless I use an incredibly bad fake American accent. In which case it will "dial" people. But that's not an option when there are other people in the car. ;)

Try saying "call" instead

It works almost every time for me when I remember the words to use, and don't slur them together (particularly the object, ie location or call recipient). I mostly use it for Nav, less experience with phone and haven't ever tried it for music. Now I am curious, though, so I think I will try playing something later.

Voice commands-navigation

It is about 20 days since I have my Model S. There are big plusses but the poor navigation/voice control is going to be a big problem for Tesla when competitors catch up.

I have been trying to use voice command (I do have the technology package).
It rejects commands such as "call", "dial" etc. How do I dial a number? I connect via bluetooth to my iPhone.
What other functions of the car (e.g. temperature) could be controlled by voice command? (In my previous car, I could set temperature, play music etc)
I live in a new development and tesla navigation doesn't recognize it although it is recognized by Google map. I can't set any destination from my home as the navigation doesn't recognize the starting point!
It recognizes my home (as a charging station) but I can't navigate to or from home!
I can't see any real value for the 17" monitor other than a selling point. You can practically do nothing with it other than impress friends.

Yeah, maybe I just need to drawl more. :)

Been there, done that! Provides great entertainment for family and friends.....:redface:

What voice commands do Tesla drivers want?

IMG_3792.jpg
I too have struggled with the voice commands so put together this handy little card to remind me of the available commands. It fits nicely with base and top-left corner tucked under the trim (see photo). I printed it onto ivory card stock.

I have confirmed with Tesla there are no further command, but they are "working on it".

I recommend the forum continue our discussion, what voice commands do Tesla drivers want. Let's actively push for improvement.
Robert

I would like more commands like my Prius had. On my Prius I could set the temperature, recirculate air and it had commands like "Go home" and "I'm hungry".

Some useful commands so one doesn't have to fiddle with the center console are:
map
current position
zoom in
zoom out
louder
softer
audio on/off
am radio
fm radio
satellite radio
warmer
cooler
68 degrees (or whatever temperature you want)

other useful commands might be
open roof 50 percent
close roof
shut kids up (I'm not sure how this one could be implemented).