Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you get yourself out if you child lock yourself at the backseat??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright so I have child lock on cause my child seat is by the door.. but if I go to the backseat and forgot about the childlock. I will find myself stuck in the back...

Is there a way on the phone app to unlock doors? Cause i couldnt find that if it existed..

This?

DF53F003-5389-458D-A1B0-A742EBC1E1B6.jpeg

Windows may be locked.
Yup, if you door lock for child, you will probably window lock too. Would be nice if I can just use phone to unlock door or window etc..

Call your wife maybe?

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

😈
I drove out to drop kiddo so just me and a kiddo..
Call the fire department?
Thankfully I manage to flag someone walking by..

Again I think what I would have hoped is maybe the mobile app has option to easily unlock the door in situations like this...

This might have worked for me.. but How do you turn on the center display?
I might have missed the context of this treat. If you are locked inside the car, in the rear seats, with child locks on rear door, won’t you just climb into the front seat and unlock the front door? If car is asleep, pressing the brake pedal will wake it up and gain access to the screen.

I don’t understand the question. Are you trying to figure out the ways your child can have gotten out by themselves?

There is a manual process to open the rear doors in the MY. Remove the mat at the bottom of the door pocket and there will be a small plastic cover. Open the cover and there will be a pigtail that can be pulled to open the door. This process requires some tools; screwdriver and needlenose pliers at least. I then used a plastic wire tie to loop around the pigtail and put the plastic cover and mat back in with the wire tie sticking out. Pulling on the wire tie now opens the back door. I don't think a child could pull on the wire tie hard enough to open the door. I guess one could tuck it in a little so it doesn't stick out.

There is a manual process to open the rear doors in the MY. Remove the mat at the bottom of the door pocket and there will be a small plastic cover. Open the cover and there will be a pigtail that can be pulled to open the door. This process requires some tools; screwdriver and needlenose pliers at least. I then used a plastic wire tie to loop around the pigtail and put the plastic cover and mat back in with the wire tie sticking out. Pulling on the wire tie now opens the back door. I don't think a child could pull on the wire tie hard enough to open the door. I guess one could tuck it in a little so it doesn't stick out.
I checked and the current manual says that this is no longer there... (But maybe it is wrong.)

When I got out of my car to go into the back seat my display was still on the entire time and I had my phone with me.

I never got the situation where the display turned off, but maybe the phone might have been able to do something to turn it back on?

I havent tried it, but things like turning on the AC, Unlocking the front door, or any other thing to access the car should work.

I can totally believe that someone accidentally locked themselves back there like you mention. I cant believe that someone in that situation would somehow need to "flag down a passerby" to help them, though.

The OPs real thrust seems to be "I would like to be able to child lock and un child lock the rear doors with the app". I am not sure what any unintended consequences of having that be able to be done by the app would be (someone playing pranks and remotely child locking a vehicle to prevent passengers from easily getting out?). but I dont see where this is a huge concern.

Folks who keep saying to climb to the front are assuming everyone can do that.. instead assume there are people who cant do that.. then add to that a crying toddler right next to you.. :)

But thankfully the latest update finally did something right, now you can choose to child lock 1 side of the car! So no more worries of getting locked in the back with child lock on both sides of the car now.