Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you guys drive your X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my X refresh a few months ago and acceleration NEVER gets old. It's "insane" how jolting it can be if you just punch it when you're cruising around 10-15 mph. My wife always used to complain about how slow I drove all our previous cars because I HATED going to the gas station so much and didn't want to drive fast or accelerate (had a range rover sport).

but now it's different. :). I drive all the time fast (but safely), and accelerate every chance I get. maybe too often. wife yells at me (literally gets mad, not in a joking way) and I can't enjoy the X with her in it. but this is not the point of the question - my real question is will I wear my X down too fast if I drive like this constantly? I don't care about energy consumption/efficiency, but I do care about the wear on my car. Will I drastically reduce the life of my motor? I can live with tire wear.

Or maybe it does get old at some point and I won't have any urge to merge in front of a car doing 50 in a few seconds. but I doubt it.

I got my 2023 X last week, the acceleration is absolutely insane and one thing I have noticed is that the car maintains that acceleration even at 60+. It's just wild what 670HP feels like xD. Way more power than my Model 3 AWD

But no, I don't drive around crazy fast just because the car is a joy to take easy just as much if not more than going fast. The sightline and views out of the car are great, noise cancellation is great, and the ride/interior seats are relaxing. I purchased a Drift Scent for the interior, and it really gives the inside a refreshing feeling like therapy. Speakers are also amazing.

The X is by far the best designed Tesla imo. There are still many areas for improvement, but man is it just a wonderful car to drive. Well worth 100k.

I got my 2023 X last week, the acceleration is absolutely insane and one thing I have noticed is that the car maintains that acceleration even at 60+. It's just wild what 670HP feels like xD. Way more power than my Model 3 AWD

But no, I don't drive around crazy fast just because the car is a joy to take easy just as much if not more than going fast. The sightline and views out of the car are great, noise cancellation is great, and the ride/interior seats are relaxing. I purchased a Drift Scent for the interior, and it really gives the inside a refreshing feeling like therapy. Speakers are also amazing.

The X is by far the best designed Tesla imo. There are still many areas for improvement, but man is it just a wonderful car to drive. Well worth 100k.
I am waiting on our new MX and what is this “drift scent” you’re referring to?

Could have been worse
IMG_1462.jpeg