TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How do you guys feel on the Model 3 being really popular

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by YusufT, Sep 22, 2018.

1. YusufT

YusufT Member

So this came to my attention around mid June. I was at the service centre and a older guy who owns a model s was like, “I don’t feel special anymore. There’s already so many Model 3’s on the road, and you guys are delivering even more.”

I said well the goal of the company isn’t to be special in terms of rarity but in terms of environment. He said well no one bats an eye on civics or camrys because well they’re ****ing everywhere. With Model 3 being everywhere soon he’s worried he won’t get the same attention. I said enjoy it while it lasts I guess. Service centre guys were just laughing.

How do you guys feel about this?

• Funny x 8
  2. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I want there to be so many Model 3’s on the road that I’m laughed at and ridiculed for driving such a commonplace vehicle.*

*I’m a stockholder. ;)

• Like x 33
    • Funny x 7
    • Love x 3
  3. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

I feel I’ll need to come up with more ways to spend my TSLA riches. It’ll be a challenge but I’m willing to give it the ole college try.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

If he wants to feel special, he should have bought a performance model or painted it up like a bass boat. ;)

Or he could adjust his attitude and feel special about being a leader in sustainable transportation and feel good about seeing so many other electric vehicles on the road.

• Like x 8
    • Love x 2
  5. YusufT

YusufT Member

Hahaha I see what you did there. By then they’re going to be headlines like “Tesla’s one hit wonder: the Model 3”

• Funny x 1
  6. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ Concerned citizen

I’m seeing Teslas everywhere now. Saw at least 6 Model 3s last night on a short two mile trip and about as many MSs. I love it. I wish every car was a Tesla. The air would smell a lot better.

• Like x 13
    • Love x 3
  7. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

Just order a Roadster 2.0, like I did, and in 2025 when it gets delivered he will feel special again..

• Like x 5
    • Funny x 5
    • Love x 2
  8. YusufT

YusufT Member

Yeah exactly. But he’s thinking in terms of “wow that guy was totally starring at me” while driving to “why isn’t anyone staring at me anymore” not “wow so many Teslas maybe I should invest in some stock. This is good for the environment.” Can’t please everyone I guess

• Like x 1
  9. Tezlah

Tezlah Member

Bring it on! Once the $35K version comes out “soon,” the Model 3 is going to be even more common.

I feel special every time I mash the accelerator and the car pushes forward silently w/o any fuss. Some people think it’s special when their ICE car makes a ton of noise accelerating. EVs make those *look-at-me* cars seem so pathetic and sad. More Teslas please!

• Like x 8
    • Love x 3
  10. MacGreiner

People are complex and buy Teslas for a number of reasons. As an owner, shareholder and vision fan, I don't if people buy them to spite others, or even if they buy Bolts - as long as they buy them. I'll be able to tell my grandkids that I was an early adopter on the right side of history.

• Like x 11
    • Love x 2
  11. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

It's a good thing. Like Xenoilphobe pointed out, those who want to feel special can buy a Roadster; it has the looks, performance, and prestige that won't be confused with the other Tesla models.

• Like x 4
  12. montreid

montreid Member

Lorax here. LOVE IT. Can't get 400k on the road yearly any sooner. And it's a fun car to drive to boot. Win-Win

• Like x 1
  13. VT_EE

VT_EE Active Member

Move to Michigan. I feel special in my Toyota Sienna when driving in that state. Pretty much every car is a Ford, GM, or Chrysler. Seriously doubt there are many Teslas outside of Detroit.

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 1
  14. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

#14 Xenoilphobe, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    We have charging at work and yesterday I came out to find a new white on white Model 3 with aeros next to my black on black Model S. I probably spent 15 minutes walking around "inspecting" the panel gaps (none), the paint imperfections (none), admiring the 3, it is really a nice looking machine in person! I was also surprised that it really has a decent sized passenger space, and really the key difference was the lack of trunk space and no hatch. I wasn't jealous, just impressed that Tesla has matured and is delivering these in mass. I can't wait for the truck and SUV that challenges the F150 market and the Landcruiser market. Tesla will CRUSH the F150 if they design it to appeal to the work/adventure/Marlboro man crowd. Also the tradesmen can get the 75% writeoff on their taxes for a work truck, which will make it extremely affordable to pretty much everyone.

Assume $100K truck - $75,000 Tax Depreciation writedown (1st year), refinance the remaining $25K for a $444 a month payment which is offset by the $400 those guys spend a month in gas -- net net the truck will cost them $44 dollars a month then add in insurance and taxes.... its a steal.. and that will change the world as we know it today. I bet the pre-orders for the F150 style trunk exceed 1M units in the first year. I'll take two please!!

• Like x 9
    • Love x 1
  15. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I would love it as it shows Tesla is meeting its goal and succeeding big time.

• Like x 1
  16. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor have a few of them running around. But we're definitely alone on the road in Michigan's vast rural expanses.

• Like x 1
  17. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

I’m in Orange County so I see s3x at every intersection. s3x everywhere. Group s3x is pretty common even.

I’m jealous that there is s3x going on everywhere except my house. No s to go with the 3x.

• Funny x 15
    • Love x 3
    • Like x 2
  18. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

You mean the last day of Q4 2025, hand built with panel gaps measured in feet vs inches. ;)

19. samotlietuvis

samotlietuvis Member

The more the better - Tesla is forcing other automakers to innovate and offer better solutions. Tesla been eating German B/M/P lunches for some time.
    The more electric cars on the road the more electric infrastructure will evolve. CCS fast chargers right now are a joke in Los Angeles when compared to Tesla superchargers.

• Like x 3
  20. duy.duck

duy.duck Member

We should all be happy. Less carbon emissions!

• Like x 4