Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you guys feel on the Model 3 being really popular

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this came to my attention around mid June. I was at the service centre and a older guy who owns a model s was like, “I don’t feel special anymore. There’s already so many Model 3’s on the road, and you guys are delivering even more.”

I said well the goal of the company isn’t to be special in terms of rarity but in terms of environment. He said well no one bats an eye on civics or camrys because well they’re ****ing everywhere. With Model 3 being everywhere soon he’s worried he won’t get the same attention. I said enjoy it while it lasts I guess. Service centre guys were just laughing.

How do you guys feel about this?

So this came to my attention around mid June. I was at the service centre and a older guy who owns a model s was like, “I don’t feel special anymore. There’s already so many Model 3’s on the road, and you guys are delivering even more.”

I said well the goal of the company isn’t to be special in terms of rarity but in terms of environment. He said well no one bats an eye on civics or camrys because well they’re ****ing everywhere. With Model 3 being everywhere soon he’s worried he won’t get the same attention. I said enjoy it while it lasts I guess. Service centre guys were just laughing.

If he wants to feel special, he should have bought a performance model or painted it up like a bass boat. ;)

Or he could adjust his attitude and feel special about being a leader in sustainable transportation and feel good about seeing so many other electric vehicles on the road.

Just order a Roadster 2.0, like I did, and in 2025 when it gets delivered he will feel special again..

I’m seeing Teslas everywhere now. Saw at least 6 Model 3s last night on a short two mile trip and about as many MSs. I love it. I wish every car was a Tesla. The air would smell a lot better.
Yeah exactly. But he’s thinking in terms of “wow that guy was totally starring at me” while driving to “why isn’t anyone staring at me anymore” not “wow so many Teslas maybe I should invest in some stock. This is good for the environment.” Can’t please everyone I guess

Reactions: APotatoGod
Bring it on! Once the $35K version comes out “soon,” the Model 3 is going to be even more common.

I feel special every time I mash the accelerator and the car pushes forward silently w/o any fuss. Some people think it’s special when their ICE car makes a ton of noise accelerating. EVs make those *look-at-me* cars seem so pathetic and sad. More Teslas please!

We have charging at work and yesterday I came out to find a new white on white Model 3 with aeros next to my black on black Model S. I probably spent 15 minutes walking around "inspecting" the panel gaps (none), the paint imperfections (none), admiring the 3, it is really a nice looking machine in person! I was also surprised that it really has a decent sized passenger space, and really the key difference was the lack of trunk space and no hatch. I wasn't jealous, just impressed that Tesla has matured and is delivering these in mass. I can't wait for the truck and SUV that challenges the F150 market and the Landcruiser market. Tesla will CRUSH the F150 if they design it to appeal to the work/adventure/Marlboro man crowd. Also the tradesmen can get the 75% writeoff on their taxes for a work truck, which will make it extremely affordable to pretty much everyone.

Assume $100K truck - $75,000 Tax Depreciation writedown (1st year), refinance the remaining $25K for a $444 a month payment which is offset by the $400 those guys spend a month in gas -- net net the truck will cost them $44 dollars a month then add in insurance and taxes.... its a steal.. and that will change the world as we know it today. I bet the pre-orders for the F150 style trunk exceed 1M units in the first year. I'll take two please!!

Last edited:

I would love it as it shows Tesla is meeting its goal and succeeding big time.

Reactions: APotatoGod