Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you guys feel on the Model 3 being really popular

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m really okay with that behavior and being a biased stock owner because it beats being a dick.

But, your pro-Tesla stock owner bias has meant that you've been a dick to Tesla car owners. Sure you're cool to people as long as they have something positive to say. But, if anyone says anything negative about Elon/Tesla you go on the offensive.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
If I wanted to feel "special" I would have bought a McLaren or a Ford GT. I want a bizillion Model 3's, S's and X's on the road. If you own a Tesla you have a vested interest in making sure Tesla survives, so you can keep your car serviced and your warranty in effect. That means a ton of sales so they can go income positive. It's that simple.

If I wanted to feel "special" I would have bought a McLaren or a Ford GT. I want a bizillion Model 3's, S's and X's on the road. If you own a Tesla you have a vested interest in making sure Tesla survives, so you can keep your car serviced and your warranty in effect. That means a ton of sales so they can go income positive. It's that simple.

Not to mention having a plethora of destination charging to choose from.

But, I'm still going to need to figure out which Blue Model 3 is mine when I walk out to the parking lot. So a body kit might do wonders for that.

If/when the cars are self driving is when the looks is a total non-factor.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
The one thing I didn't like is that the Tesla centers are now too busy (good and bad)... or they need to hire more staff.
I was at my service center yesterday, and there were at least 6-8 people waiting (including myself) for some help to talk to a staff member. It's very different from how it was 1 and 2 years ago where you could walk in and talk to someone right away.

But, your pro-Tesla stock owner bias has meant that you've been a dick to Tesla car owners. Sure you're cool to people as long as they have something positive to say. But, if anyone says anything negative about Elon/Tesla you go on the offensive.

Seriously dude? Just because you are shareholder you are a dick? I’ve been invested in TSLA since early 2013 which afford me the opportunity to purchase my Model 3. In your eyes I should have not been participating in this forum for the past 5 years simple because I hadn’t owned a Tesla until recently.

Everyone who owns stock in any company has bias otherwise what is the point in owning the stock. Not really sure how having a bias makes you a dick to Tesla owners. Last I checked we were all rooting for the same team.

Seriously dude? Just because you are shareholder you are a dick? I’ve been invested in TSLA since early 2013 which afford me the opportunity to purchase my Model 3. In your eyes I should have not been participating in this forum for the past 5 years simple because I hadn’t owned a Tesla until recently.

Everyone who owns stock in any company has bias otherwise what is the point in owning the stock. Not really sure how having a bias makes you a dick to Tesla owners. Last I checked we were all rooting for the same team.

That's not what I said or what I asked for.

I simply asked for a disclaimer. Once I know the perspective of where someone is coming from it's easy to understand their position.

I've also never seen you act in the manner in which others have acted so it's not really applicable to you. I'm really only talking about the people that are so invested in Tesla stock, and so pro Tesla that they can't see things from the perspective of typical car owner.

I’ve never noticed this. What did he say that got you so riled up? Maybe you guys should take this outside and duke it out in another thread?

Reactions: Msjulie and MXWing
That's not what I said or what I asked for.

I simply asked for a disclaimer. Once I know the perspective of where someone is coming from it's easy to understand their position.

I've also never seen you act in the manner in which others have acted so it's not really applicable to you. I'm really only talking about the people that are so invested in Tesla stock, and so pro Tesla that they can't see things from the perspective of typical car owner.

Well I don’t understand what got you torqued off by his comments as I didn’t see anything out of line.

No label needed as everyone has there own perspective regardless of stock ownership. If you look around you would be surprised how many active forum members are also shareholders.

Now back to your regular scheduled program. ;)

ome people think it’s special when their ICE car makes a ton of noise accelerating.
Funny story, one day I rented a base model Cayman that really disappointed me in terms of performance (or lack of) of course I understand it was the base model but the thing that struck me as funny (pathetic really) was that the engine sound (an audio track of one) was piped through the stereo to give it a better louder sound haha!

I’ve never noticed this. What did he say that got you so riled up? Maybe you guys should take this outside and duke it out in another thread?

This thread is a perfect example of what I've seen happening. I didn't post what I did out of thin error, and it's been something that I've seen over and over on TMC specifically. It also didn't just involve him.

Where I started noticing was how biased a small, but vocal minority of users were. Where the concerns/issues/etc of a customer were quickly dismissed even if there was some merit to them.

This thread was a perfect example of this even though it's kinda silly, and the tinniest of examples. Of course someone doesn't buy a Tesla to standout.

But, it's interesting how the thread missed what the owner of the S was really getting at. Now it could be because he didn't represent himself so his position was easier to mock. But, he represented the needs of some buyers.

The first two responses were from stock owners. Neither response was bad, and they were both funny. But, it clearly showed what was important to them.

The third response was interesting because one of the complaints about the P version is there wasn't enough attempt to make it look different. A person ends up paying lots more where it's barely noticeable. But, the user missed that and decided to go for changing the customers attitude.

The whole thing was kinda funny because I strongly believe part of what made the S so successful especially in California is that it looked good. It didn't require a person to compromise to get an EV.

Eventually on post #26 someone finally had a possible solution for the Model S owner.

Funny story, one day I rented a base model Cayman that really disappointed me in terms of performance (or lack of) of course I understand it was the base model but the thing that struck me as funny (pathetic really) was that the engine sound (an audio track of one) was piped through the stereo to give it a better louder sound haha!

That's extremely disappointing.

I had a Cayman S a number of years ago, and the sound from the engine right behind me is something I loved about it.

Why would it need to be piped when the engine is right behind you?

One of the reasons I got the Tesla was because there was no where for me to go from the Cayman. The only thing truly better than a Cayman is an R8 or a Ferrari. There really wasn't anywhere for me to go to I went to Tesla. I figured I went as far as I could with ICE cars, and now I would get the best of the next.

Here is a link to proof that the sound is artificial, but its a speaker behind you. Not that it makes it any better.

2018 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS: First Drive

That's extremely disappointing.

I had a Cayman S a number of years ago, and the sound from the engine right behind me is something I loved about it.

Why would it need to be piped when the engine is right behind you?

One of the reasons I got the Tesla was because there was no where for me to go from the Cayman. The only thing truly better than a Cayman is an R8 or a Ferrari. There really wasn't anywhere for me to go to I went to Tesla. I figured I went as far as I could with ICE cars, and now I would get the best of the next.

Maybe because of the base engine model?
A whole new low. The new 4-cyl Porsche Boxster ( and future Cayman ) have a speaker in the firewall to generate fake engine noises. : cars

Apparently it’s been going on a while with a number of manufacturers
The Rise of the Fake Engine Roar

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
The Audi S4 has a switch that lets you change some baffles in the exhaust to make it louder. I laughed at my friend when he was showing me this feature. Seeing that really drove home the fact that ICE is on it's way out. When manufacturers start putting that kind of gimmick crap in their cars, they are truly out of ideas for any meaningful performance improvements.