Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you impress your friends with your Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tend not to do anything more than have it somewhere and the car does the impressing all by itself.

Especially true at star parties (outdoor public astronomy sessions). Since getting the car (name is Remonortsa) I spend almost as much time being asked about the car as about the sky. Fun.

Let them take the passenger seat. They note the large screen. Sold one.
Hit the pedal and launch the car. Sold one more.
Park the car. Open the frunk. Sold another one :smile:
Works 100% for me. When the friend is tech savvy I let them play with the screens. Sell again.

You all are cray-cray (as the kids say). NO ONE sits in my car. It will be a museum piece. Booties and gloves required for relatives, and that's just to stand near it. Ever see burned-out hulks of cars in the ghetto? That's what your Model S will look like if even ONE PERSON sits in it other than YOU.

Had a friend check out my car for the first time. And he asks where the CD player is. I tell him there is none. He comments "that's it, we're not getting one" (his wife really wants one). I tell him "what's your favorite song?", and my wife demonstrates the "Play XXXXXX" command. That was priceless.

This might be a stupid question. Whenever I try to use the "play xxx" feature the media player tries to play songs from the internet services but not from my local iphone source. Am I missing something important ? Just this morning I said "play Stevie Wonder" knowing that I had just put some songs on the iPhone but the car then always goes to the Tunein service and looks for songs - which takes forever and most of the time just ends up with an empty list...:redface:

This might be a stupid question. Whenever I try to use the "play xxx" feature the media player tries to play songs from the internet services but not from my local iphone source. Am I missing something important ? Just this morning I said "play Stevie Wonder" knowing that I had just put some songs on the iPhone but the car then always goes to the Tunein service and looks for songs - which takes forever and most of the time just ends up with an empty list...:redface:

Tunein? You mean Slacker, no?

I can't help you here, I don't have anything in my local phone. I usually stream radio, and I was just demonstrating that you can stream whatever song you want.

Maybe that's why it does not work for me - we have tuneIn and Rdio

Hmm, I was going to ask....how this feature is supposed to work indeed.
Because it sure doesn't work on my car - indeed with TuneIn and Rdio

- - - Updated - - -

You all are cray-cray (as the kids say). NO ONE sits in my car. It will be a museum piece. Booties and gloves required for relatives, and that's just to stand near it. Ever see burned-out hulks of cars in the ghetto? That's what your Model S will look like if even ONE PERSON sits in it other than YOU.

:biggrin::biggrin:

We also only have TuneIn and no Slacker, so we can't do "Play XXXX" by voice command, in Japan.

For me, even the crappy nav is good to impress people here, as roads in Tokyo is very complex and large screen is helpful checking roads. Launches are hard thing to do here in Tokyo but I try to find a small gap in traffic and try it a few seconds. Unfortunately PS3s are too slippery for P85 RWD for full launches, so I plan to change to something else.

I saw that and wondered if it was a purposeful Spinal Tap reference.

- - - Updated - - -

- being able to pre-cool the car via the app is super cool
- the "press of a button" adjustable suspension
- not having to check or refill anything but wiper fluid
- resetting the display by simultaneously depressing both "thumb wheels"

To be honest I don't even really do much with the screen. The nav is terrible, the media options are still pretty basic, and while it's amazing compared to a normal car, it's crappy compared to an actual iPad (which is what it gets compared to once you start using it).

Disagree. This on the touchscreen gets them everytime:

mzl.pqwnvlsa.320x480-75.jpg