Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you listen to music in your Tesla?

How do you primarily listen to music in your Tesla?

• Spotify using Tesla's account

• Spotify with a subscription account

• Tidal with a subscription account

• TuneIn

• Bluetooth streaming

• Files stored on a USB stick or SSD

• Radio

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you choose an artist, I think it defaults to a shortlist of their highest rated songs and when that list finishes it then starts playing similar songs. But it's not hard to play specific albums by an artist or playlists of your own choosing. It's really not that hard to operate - for most!
Never created a playlist in my life, I’m not a 12yr old trying to get a kiss off a girl at school. Most artists have more than 1 album unless they’re shiite with no longevity lol. Apple music can manage to play all albums without making playlists why can’t Spotify? It’s really not that hard ….for most!🖕🏻

Reactions: BitJam
Never created a playlist in my life, I’m not a 12yr old trying to get a kiss off a girl at school. Most artists have more than 1 album unless they’re shiite with no longevity lol. Apple music can manage to play all albums without making playlists why can’t Spotify? It’s really not that hard ….for most!🖕🏻
As a 54-year-old bloke who writes about music and very occasionally DJs, I have to say that's a very reductive view of playlists. (I'm not getting into the argument about how Spotify plays albums.)

As a 54-year-old bloke who writes about music and very occasionally DJs, I have to say that's a very reductive view of playlists. (I'm not getting into the argument about how Spotify plays albums.)
As a 55yr old bloke who’s an engineer I have to say good for you. I have better things to do with my time than make playlists to listen to in a car🤷🏼‍♂️ Each to their own, no other comments necessary 😁

New cars are presently being supplied with power only on the centre console USB sockets. Until/unless this changes the only USB that can be used for data is the one in the glove box.

My 2022 Model S was delivered on March 4, and the media player sees and works perfectly with a USB-C/microSD adapter plugged into the center console socket. The glove box USB-A socket has the Tesla 128GB thumb drive in it.

My 2014 P85's center console USB slots also worked this way. A Model 3/Y/regional limitation, maybe?

My 2014 P85's center console USB slots also worked this way. A Model 3/Y/regional limitation, maybe?

Yes, my 2019 Model 3 has data in the console but recent MIC cars being delivered to the UK (this is a UK section of the forum) in some cases were delivered without USB sockets at all in the console but with a message that they will be fitted when available! They are now being fitted but without data capability.

Reactions: snellenr
Is there a way to stop the car auto-playing the last thing I was listening to on Spotify when I open the doors? I don’t know why they think you need musical accompaniment when you get into a car but it’s getting a bit annoying after a few weeks

Is there a way to stop the car auto-playing the last thing I was listening to on Spotify when I open the doors? I don’t know why they think you need musical accompaniment when you get into a car but it’s getting a bit annoying after a few weeks
If you mute the audio when you get out of the car isn’t it still muted when you get in again? If instead you left it playing then it expects you want it playing when you get back in. I don’t use Spotify that much but that’s how the radio works in the car.

If you mute the audio when you get out of the car isn’t it still muted when you get in again? If instead you left it playing then it expects you want it playing when you get back in. I don’t use Spotify that much but that’s how the radio works in the car.
Ok, my last car didn’t auto turn the radio on if had it on when I turned the car off.

The main difference is if I’ve been listening to Spotify on my phone/at home since leaving the car, it starts playing whatever was last listened to on that account. I use white noise on Spotify for my daughter at night and so often it’s just blaring white noise when I get in the car in the morning

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
I was in that camp too, but was convinced to use playlists by one of my daughters. Having half a dozen playlist of different genres/moods is so much easier than searching for what you want to listen to for each track/album. Kind of like a big mix tape! Go on, give it a go..... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: DigbyChicken
I was in the camp too, but was convinced to use playlists by one of my daughters. Having half a dozen playlist of different genres/moods is so much easier than searching for what you want to listen to for each track/album. Kind of like a big mix tape! Go on, give it a go..... ;)
That’s the wife’s job tbh, I’m quite happy with radio or just nothing at all🤣.

• Funny
Reactions: Tinca