Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you open glove box after an accident?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can always keep insurance/ registration in your center console.

Amazon even has a semi hidden compartment for the console lid. They have many different styles.

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 9.30.00 AM.jpg

Reactions: SlimJim
Someone on reddit posted a video showing them saying "open butt hole" and it opened the glovebox.
Holy sh*t, I just tried it and it works! :p
And, just like that, it's gone! Just updated to 2020.12.11.1 and this undocumented command no longer works. Guess I'll have to settle for the more pedestrian "open glovebox" command instead. That's too bad since it went so well with fart mode for a more complete scatological experience. :p

• Funny
Reactions: EVNation
And, just like that, it's gone! Just updated to 2020.12.11.1 and this undocumented command no longer works. Guess I'll have to settle for the more pedestrian "open glovebox" command instead. That's too bad since it went so well with fart mode for a more complete scatological experience. :p
And now it's back... except that when you say "open butthole", it now opens the charge port instead of the glovebox. I think this current implementation is much more apt. :)

This is a great point, never thought about it but I keep a glass breaker and seatbelt cutter device in the glovebox, and never considered I wouldn't be able to get it out after a crash.guess I'll move it to the console until they create a fix for this.

This is a great point, never thought about it but I keep a glass breaker and seatbelt cutter device in the glovebox, and never considered I wouldn't be able to get it out after a crash.guess I'll move it to the console until they create a fix for this.

Are you saying that the feature to automatically open the glove box after a collision is no longer working? Or are you worried about being able to access in cases other than a collision ?

Are you saying that the feature to automatically open the glove box after a collision is no longer working? Or are you worried about being able to access in cases other than a collision ?

in any case the power is out. for example, car flooded, the safety disconnect pops, and you lose power. Or any other kind of short that would result in the glovebox being stuck shut. it was my fault for never considering access to the device in a glovebox that does not have a mechanical release of some sort.

If for whatever reason you need to use that device, you don't have enough time with fiddling around trying to break into a glovebox, you need it quick.