Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you pass time at the charging stations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the supercharger near home: a lot of time waiting for others to come get their cars. I've seen people get picked up after dropping their car off. I've stared at blocked stalls with no one in the cars for more than 45 minutes so a quick top off no longer became a quick top off.
Do you not have charging at home? It really makes a difference.

Reactions: DrivingRockies
I usually eat or shop. I don't often supercharge for just 10 minutes...it's usually 20-30 minutes as our superchargers are more sproadic here in the greater toronto area (we only have 5 within 100 miles of Toronto but that's ramping up right now with about 10 being built in the greater toronto area. The gaps here on the highways between superchargers are about 120 miles apart however that too is improving in the current build out with the gap shrinking to about 50 miles per.

If the weather is nice out - I take my Onewheel out of the frunk and check out the area. I saw someone at the Parry Sound SC do something similar using a foldable scooter - like minds think alike.

Sometimes, I just take the pillow out (again from the frunk) and have a nice snooze in the back.

Reactions: David99
Nice thread as I've been wondering what others do whilst waiting. Here's what I do;

1. Sit and observe what's around me. I love seeing so many Teslas in one place, and I'm willing to talk to other owners if they're up for it.
2. Read the news on my phone and lately, TMC (especially the Investor's Roundtable thread).
3. Relax and watch how fast my local 250 Kw charger fills up the battery (especially when in a lower SoC).
4. Grab a coffee
5. Pinch myself because I finally have my Model 3 and I'm Supercharging!

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Long trips i walk my dog because he comes with, short trips there is always the best burger joint nearby to grab some grub at.
972c7aaf-bfb2-4ce4-8e0e-c6b39654f776_cf127ca3a98712e9d52213b1386347a9.jpg

Reactions: MichaelP90DL