Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you pass time at the charging stations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone needs to start a website about Charging Site Attractions. I have seen MORE Chipotle, Starbucks, Panera, Olive Gardens and Fast-Food chains since buying the Tesla... These are the high-traffic-area crappy chains that I work so hard to avoid. However, we have been pretty lucky and found old quarries, local parks close to some of the charging sites. Many of the superchargers along interstate 91 allow you to talk a walk and jump in the Connecticut River. Of course you can go to Trip Advisor or similar website to find cool local things... but it would be cool if someone started a website blog on interesting things at diff't charging stations. Charging should really be a time to get-out-of-the-car! We usually look for something interesting on the satellite view and try to get there... can be an adventure sometimes.

Also, if you have kids- [and even if you don't] find out about GEOCACHING- it's a great activity and can get the kids off their butts and eyes off the phone. Nothing turns a Mall parking lot into an adventurous treasure hunt so quickly. ...and if you though Tesla owners are interesting- hard core Geocachers are pretty extreme.

I suppose there may already be something like a supercharging site attractions website...- anyone know! If not, this would be a cool thing to start. I know Powershare and Chargepoint have a set up where comments can be made on chargers, but this is about the charging and chargers... I want a website that lets me know what is there within a mile or so that is interesting. Cool geological features, walking/bike paths, hole-in-the-wall ethnic food, weird shops, small 'common use' unofficial parks, places to sneak around on my mountain bike...

Last edited:
Someone needs to start a website about Charging Site Attractions. I have seen MORE Chipotle, Starbucks, Panera, Olive Gardens and Fast-Food chains since buying the Tesla... These are the high-traffic-area crappy chains that I work so hard to avoid. However, we have been pretty lucky and found old quarries, local parks close to some of the charging sites. Many of the superchargers along interstate 91 allow you to talk a walk and jump in the Connecticut River. Of course you can go to Trip Advisor or similar website to find cool local things... but it would be cool if someone started a website blog on interesting things at diff't charging stations. Charging should really be a time to get-out-of-the-car! We usually look for something interesting on the satellite view and try to get there... can be an adventure sometimes.

Also, if you have kids- [and even if you don't] find out about GEOCACHING- it's a great activity and can get the kids off their butts and eyes off the phone. Nothing turns a Mall parking lot into an adventurous treasure hunt so quickly. ...and if you though Tesla owners are interesting- hard core Geocachers are pretty extreme.

I suppose there may already be something like a supercharging site attractions website...- anyone know! If not, this would be a cool thing to start. I know Powershare and Chargepoint have a set up where comments can be made on chargers, but this is about the charging and chargers... I want a website that lets me know what is there within a mile or so that is interesting. Cool geological features, walking/bike paths, hole-in-the-wall ethnic food, weird shops, small 'common use' unofficial parks, places to sneak around on my mountain bike...
There was such a site 4 or 5 years ago but I haven't seen it in ages. I tried searching but couldn't find it. Maybe the developer shut it down after Tesla started listing nearby amenities?

With MCU1 I would've just watched something on my phone or depending at the supercharger location I would go shopping or drink Starbucks.

With MCU2....GAME ON!

IMG_0153.jpg

Reactions: cybergates and SO16
I have a bag in the frunk full of ziplocks each with a small microfiber cloth soaked in water. I wipe off the bugs at every supercharger stop with a fresh cloth. They never harden and attach to the nose because the water gets fresh bugs off like magic.

Look for waterless wash system. Why risk scratching the paint, especially Tesla quality paint.

Waterless system is really just a chemical spray and towel. But the chemical helps remove crap without scratch.

netflix and chill. Or ABCNews Live (free on Youtube), or any number of youtube videos. Its the main reason I went to MCU2 in the model S (yes I could do the same with an iPad and I did in-fact do that for a long time, but it's just a matter of convenience)