Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Do you Power Roadside Tools?

Whats your flat tire strategy?

• Roadside Assistance

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Spare tire attached to tow hitch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fix a flat or some random sealant

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Flag down someone and borrow their doughtnut

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to get one of these jack kits for the car.

Hydraulic Jack
Scissor Jack

There are a few reviews about blown fuses.with blown fuses when using the 12 volt cigarette lighter socket. They recommend using the battery clamps. I see that there is a positive lead to the battery above the frunk under the fuse box. Where would you connect the negative lead to complete the circuit for these sorts of tools? I think there is a ground on the other side of the frunk but I don't know if that goes to the battery or if its safe to use these terminals in this fashion.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make use of the 12v battery for emergency situations?

Flat tires are a rarity compared to 50 years ago. They happen so seldom that few people even know how to change one.
This, along with the space and weight is why manufacturers are reducing the number of spares in cars.

Many air compressors are cheap pieces of crap that probably won't work when you need them to, but since that is never, they win.

Get a better compressor that shows the current that it needs and it is less than the 12v plug limit and you should be okay.

To answer your title, it's easy. A usb battery and a phone is generally the best solution these days

In over 45 years of driving I have never had a tire blowout. I have had nails and the like start a slow leak which has allowed me to use a 12 volt compressor to fill the tire up enough so that I am not stranded. I then have enough air to find a tire shop to fix the issue.

Well thinking back on it, I didn't need to change the tire in the 12 years I had my Toyota highlander. Only slow leaks. I had never removed the spare even once. Just knowing my luck, I'm due. LOL. I did have to change my ex-wife's tire once but she destroyed her tire on a curb. In all my years of driving I've only had to use my own doughnut twice.

Does road side assistance patch and fill tires these days or do they just tow it?