Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you protect your headliner/visor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i took a ride on a friends brother in law’s performance model 3. It was about 10 months old and noticed really bad staining on the headliner. So wondering what you guys have done to protect the headliner. I carried a plant in my model 3 and I got minor stains already soo the fabric tesla used and the color are my real big cons with the model 3.

I’m even contemplating doing the Alcantara mod but if you guys can review and showcase what you’ve done to protect the upper headliner fabric I’d appreciate it.

i took a ride on a friends brother in law’s performance model 3. It was about 10 months old and noticed really bad staining on the headliner. So wondering what you guys have done to protect the headliner. I carried a plant in my model 3 and I got minor stains already soo the fabric tesla used and the color are my real big cons with the model 3.

I’m even contemplating doing the Alcantara mod but if you guys can review and showcase what you’ve done to protect the upper headliner fabric I’d appreciate it.

Same as the headliner in any car, I protect it by not rubbing dirty or oily things on it.

I'm curious about this too. I never have had issues except for the passenger visor since my wife touches it while doing makeup and it bugs me that I have to continually clean it. I'd even opt for some protective cover that's not too much of an 'eye sore'

Has anyone tried scrotch guard fabric protection? I loved the black headliner in the BMW. For 4 years not a single stain on it given the color :). I'd love it if black was standard.

Some times you just can't help not having 100% clean hands. Like I was at the gardening store the other day and had to use wetwipes from my car lol

Reactions: Kleenerth3
Has anyone tried scrotch guard fabric protection? I loved the black headliner in the BMW. For 4 years not a single stain on it given the color :). I'd love it if black was standard.

Some times you just can't help not having 100% clean hands. Like I was at the gardening store the other day and had to use wetwipes from my car lol
I'm a big fan of "Scotch Guard" but when I went to use it in my 3 I found my wife had bought rain-X.
Has anybody tried this?
1563844138684640065459221921360.jpg