Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you put 3 kids in booster seats in the second row of a refreshed Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got 3 kids that require booster seats. I should be taking delivery of a refreshed Model X sometime before the end of the year (barring yet more delays).

Is there latch in the middle seat?

If there isn't, what do other people do that have 3 booster seat kids use? If you have a recommendation on a particular seat for the middle row that fits well that would be great.

I've got 3 kids that require booster seats. I should be taking delivery of a refreshed Model X sometime before the end of the year (barring yet more delays).

Is there latch in the middle seat?

If there isn't, what do other people do that have 3 booster seat kids use? If you have a recommendation on a particular seat for the middle row that fits well that would be great.
How many seats in your car?

Sorry, I have the 7 seat option. But my preference was to fold down the 3rd row and just use that on occasion but to mostly use that space for storage.
The owners manual says child car seats can only be used in the outboard seats in the second row bench. So that likely means two seats in the third row and one in the middle row starboard. You will need the 60 side (driver's side) of the second row to remain clear to gain access to the third row. The description in the owners manual provides complete detail. The owners manual is accessible on the order detail page on the web site.

The X is not a mini van. My 6 year old is fine in a booster in third row in our 6 seater. 8 year old complains. And out really big 11 year old only fits because his legs go out into the aisle between the two mono posts. Rear facing infant only fits behind really short front seat occupants. Front facing booster needs second row all the way back. I get knocked by the falcon doors at least once a week. Now it’s mostly my fault. I’m keeping my mini van. A family of seven doesn’t fit in a 6 seat X but it does almost 90% of the families mileage around town.